Discussion in 'Gaming' started by quadmodz, 9 Aug 2005.
weee.. I can't wait for this game. any info?
It has HDR from what I've seen preview-wise... looks good
what is HDR? any member of the road crew here?
HDR - High Dynamic Range Rendering - dynamic lighting basically. It's already in Far Cry and Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory; it'll also be implemented in to Half-Life 2 and many other titles, too. You need quite a fast video card in order to run it though.
Looks quite good should be fun
I'm glad it's being implemented on the PSP! Any how im getting a little tired of racing games now especially with Ridge Racer yawn the only PSP game i've got lol
The pics I saw looked sooooo sweet...
The "new old" gameplay sounds like fun...
There's a game for the PSP enthusiast. its Need For Speed Rivals.
Aww d00d this looks awesome. Shame my system sucks even once I've upgraded
for those who want to join the road crew just visit this site http://www.theroadcrew.net there's a lot of updates and info.
and also here's the official need for speed most wanted myspace just add it.
that's it! Thanks
i hope the ending is a lot better than underground 2(or the story for that matter). I mean ppl dont battle it out in cars, they shoot each other. But the worst part of the game is that u work up to the climax, the final boss, and hes easy as ******** to defeat. I believe i beat him by 13 mins, and i was on the hardest difficulty. Besides that the game was really good.
underground 2 was boring. it wasnt a patch on the first game.
i did about 30% of the game then just gave up on it.
i hope this one has a bit more depth to it to keep you there.
i saw a video of it on the 360 and it looked pretty dam good, still not a touch on PGR though
Wake up to the smell of burnt asphalt as the thrill of illicit street racing permeates the air. From the makers of the hit Need for Speed™ Underground series, Need for Speed™ Most Wanted challenges players to become the most notorious and elusive street racer.
Combining illicit street racing and tuner customization with the intensity of strategic police pursuit that surpasses any Hollywood-style chase scene, Need for Speed Most Wanted will be on every gamer's 'must-have' list this holiday season. Out-race rivals, evade cops and exploit hundreds of miles of open road as gamers make their way up the Blacklist.
To become the most wanted racer, players must build up their street cred and Rap Sheet with gripping, white knuckle, head-to-head races with the top drivers on the streets, as well as pull daring, evasive moves to out-run and out-fox the cops that patrol the open road. Players can manage their heat or utilize a number of strategic tactics to keep the cops off their tails as they leave their rivals behind to suck their exhaust fumes.
Need for Speed Most Wanted also features a variety of the hottest cars that range from tuners to super cars. You can customize your ride to race against any class of vehicles. The streets will be your playground this Fall.
* Open Road, Open World: Rule the streets as the most notorious street racer in various regions that include edgy industrial and urban environments. In the game, the environment can be a friend for a foe. Players will master short-cuts as well as use the traffic and destructible environments to their advantage.
* All-New Gameplay: Need for Speed Most Wanted features new and exciting gameplay that incorporates strategic cop pursuit and skill-based evasion techniques with illicit street racing.
* Visual Customization: Whether gamers are trying to lose the cops or they just want to pimp their ride, Need for Speed Most Wanted offers extensive visual customizations.
* Blacklist: As players enter the world of illicit street racing, they must go up against the best street racers on the scene to earn respect and rise to the top of the Blacklist.
* Rap Sheet: Players will build up their Rap Sheet with record breaking times, street challenges and out-foxing an escalation of police vehicles, tactics and technology.
* Performance Tuning: Can't compete against a sports car? Head to the safehouse and tune up your ride to race against any class of vehicles.
* Next-Gen Graphical Features: Need for Speed Most Wanted for the next generation console delivers the next level of graphical excellence in video games. Utilizing graphical techniques including normal mapping and real-time lighting, the graphical experience is incomparable to any racing game on the market.
* Race Online* Need For Speed Most Wanted features online play for Xbox 360, Xbox, the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and the PC.
The game launches on november the 3th!
The game will feature:
"Outwit cops" missions
Visual customisation to manage your ‘heat meter’
Epic Hollywood-style police pursuits with up to 15 cop cars on screen
Skill-based cop evasion and upgradable evasion technology
Interactive environments conducive to eluding cops
There is also a rap-sheet system, in which a player’s notoriety is upped by performing more dangerous manoeuvres in the view of following police.
Eight game modes:
Toll booth races
Multiple point races
Speed trap photos
Outrun w/ Outrun best route
Knockout – Cost to state, pursuit milestones and headlines
sounds like a new take on it which can only be a good thing as long as it works out.
looks like some great game modes there.
anybody know what are the minimum requirements of this game?
BUT IT HAS POLICE :|
this will totally ruin it for me, i like racing and avoiding traffic. not trying to stop being smashed up by a hundreds of police cars that come out of no where, yet they seem able to always catch up :|
The Road Crew wants you to join to be a member for the upcoming game Need For Speed Most Wanted.--> please click here
M3 F0R T3H W1N!!! lol man i love that car.
Police isnt soooo bad, kinda adds a bit more fun into the game imo.
...November 3rd :/....
Separate names with a comma.