1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEED HELP IN SELECTING MOTHER BOARD!!!

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by keith_j_snyder2, 24 Sep 2006.

1. keith_j_snyder2

keith_j_snyder2 What's a Dremel?

Changed almost everything since i bought my PC but won't get satisfactory results.Now its up to the MoBo which i suppose need to be changed.I 've already got many suggestions(thanks to bit-tech) about installing new windows,drivers(new & old).Its been almost than an year that i bought my PC & i ve changed many things i.e 3 GRAPHIC CARDS,2 PSUS,2 HDDS,2 RAMS.
    & now its time to change the MoBo. :waah:

Ok now actually i m looking for a decent MoBo to eliminate the freezing of the games & BSOD.
    Specs.
    AMD Athlon 3200+ WINCHESTER.
    MSI Rs 480 M2 MoBo.
    Gainward 6800 gs 256MB.(XFX 6200 TC to POWERCOLOR X800XL & the 6800 gs But still no change) :waah:
    Cooler Master 430 Watt PSU.
    Kingston 512 MB 400 MHZ RAM (Tried Corsair XMAS 2x1 GB 400 MHZ but cant see the change). :waah:
    WESTERN DIGITAL 2500JS SATA 250GB HDD.
    SEAGATE 80GB 7200 RPM SATA HDD.

NOTE: All the fans are running on stock parts,no overclocking,cabinet kept fully open & temp of CPU shows 29 C,so no overheating.

PLEASEE i need help in finding a decent MoBo of almost the same price range that of the current one. :confused:

Last edited: 24 Sep 2006
  2. keith_j_snyder2

Ohh...
    I forgot to mention the OS i m using is WINDOWS XP MEDIA CENTRE (i.e XP PRO SP2)

3. Glider

Glider /dev/null

Please use the edit button next time...

For your question, I never had problems with ASUS, I use a A7N8X myself and it is rock stable. Also, the Abit boards have a good reputation IIRC.

But why didn't you troubleshoot instead of just swapping out hardware?

4. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Have you updated your BIOS ever?

5. hujambo_Bwana

hujambo_Bwana What's a Dremel?

Try updating to the latest drivers for everything, if that doesn't work try flashing the BIOS to the latest, if not go for a new MOBO

Jimbo

6. keith_j_snyder2

I tried updating every driver (GPU & Mobo) but no signs of life...currently i m using WHQL 91.47 downloaded from nvidia.com & MOBOs from msi.com
    By the way check this (my mobos specs)
    http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_detail.php?UID=639

& I never messed up with BIOS...coz i dont how to update it.
    Besides the onboard GPU is of 64 MB :waah: so i dont get anything out of it but at onboard it works absolutely fine & i never see any kind of error on it but did i really need to play on the onboard one & actually spend money on buying 3 crappy graphic cards.I guess there must be a compatibility issue coz one of my friend is having the same GPU(Gainward 6800 gs) & its working fine & when i used mine GPU on his system,it was simply rocking.He is having
    ASUS A8N SLI DELUXEMoBo but i cant spend that much...& also i ve seen on the web that people also having same kind of problem in an ASUS MoBo.

& one more thing

:clap: DAMM BIT-TECH IS HELL FAST!!! :D

Last edited: 24 Sep 2006
  7. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

If you're using a seperate graphics card you MUST disable the onboard, it can cause major problems.

With the BIOS, check this page

It will tell you what to do.