1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Need help relating to XFX Geforce 6800GT

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by XplicitContent, 4 Jun 2005.

1. XplicitContent

XplicitContent What's a Dremel?

I got my card yesterday, plugged it in, and installed the DirectX9 and XP drivers required for it to work, I used the ones provided by XFX on the installation disk. Now, I cant get Commandos 3/MotoGP2/ and a demo that came on the installation disc. I installed Commandos 3, clicked on the icon to open it, and it just makes a black screen flicking once and goes back to the main windows screen. MotoGP2 restarts everytime I click on the 'Play' button, and the demo gives me a popup saying I dont have enough virtual memory so I should change it and make it lower, but I have a 200gb hdd, 1gb corsair xms ram, and a 256mb 256-bit vga card! What?! And when I go to play, like the first 1 or 2 seconds in the game, it gets all nasty-colored and locks up, meaning I have to restart. Sometimes I get popups when I start up the computer telling me my video card is having problems and if I should send an error report to microsoft, but I click no. Can someone tell me what I should do, because I am freaking out.

Thanks.

2. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

Download the newest drivers.

3. woodshop

woodshop UnSeenly

From Nvidia not XFX,

4. Tim S

Tim S OG

Get the latest drivers first of all, and then if the problems persist, get in contact with XFX's technical support line.

5. XplicitContent

XplicitContent What's a Dremel?

When I go to download the latest drivers, what will I save them to to get them over to my new computer? It seems that the latest drivers are like 20 megabytes or so, and I dont see how that can fit onto a floppy, and I dont have any cd-r's anywhere.

Oh yeah, what kind of drivers am I to get? For the nVidia Geforce 6800GT or Direct X9 or sumthing?

Thanks.

6. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

Your new computer does not have internet?

7. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

save the drivers to your hard drive and run the file after the download, Graphics drivers that is.

Tags: