1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks Need Help...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Idioteque, 13 Nov 2005.

1. Idioteque

Idioteque Telephasic Mongoose

So... I'm getting a panasonic toughbook cf-27 mk.2 which has its own inbuilt GSM modem, (lets you connect to the internet at dial up speeds with a mobile phone simcard) I'm trying to find a mobile phone service that'll let me have free local calls (0845) and thats where you happy people at bit-tech come in... anyone have any ideas or may have seen a deal somewhere?

Help would really be appreciated... perhaps i should try and negotiate something with a mobile service provider instead? think i'd get anywhere?

Any cheaper ways you think I can connect via a simcard?

2. trigger

trigger Procrastinator

I know it's not exactly what you're looking for but I used to use Orange where I got 50 mins of off peak local calls a day for £15 per month, then off peak local calls were only 1p/m after that. They were a bit more expensive on peak though, and mobile-mobile calls were rather a lot.

I used a free 0845 ISP (BT Click - 08456091310 - any Username/Password (!)). I used this service for around 3 years, using HSCSD to get 28.8Kb/s. I guess you would be looking to use GPRS though where you will be charged per MB rather than per minute. Now I have Zen broadband. I am happy.

3. Idioteque

Idioteque Telephasic Mongoose

Thanks for the help... although I've discussed it via talktalk mobile and for £10 a month i get completely free 0845 calls... how lovely of them.

only reason I'm doing this is I'm out and about a lot and want to access the internet anywhere.

Tags: