1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Need ideas for next major project (Lian-Li Car PC)

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Noah, 19 Apr 2004.

1. Noah

Noah What's a Dremel?

Hello,

My ammo box project (Ammo meets Orac) will begin soon (promise). But I need a heads-up of ideas for my next project, which I am very excited about.

[​IMG]

I love that case! It's going to be the inspiration for my next project. I wanted the Lian-Li PC70 as a base for this project (that is an AT-to-ATX conversion), but $200 is waaaaaaaay too much considering that I want to buy new computer equipment along with it (Mobile 2500+, NF7 motherboard, 512 MB Value PC3200). So I may have to go for a mid-tower.

I definitely want to create a door like that (with the big grill, covering the entire front of the case), except have nice 5mm LEDs with metal clips on there too, and a keyswitch (goal of this project: make it a car-like computer). I want to paint it metallic black ("Corvette black" as this guy calls it) so that it really replica's a sports car.

Here are some things I need help with:

• Obviously, if I could get a decent large ATX tower with a flat front like the PC-70, that would rock (no PSU needed, <$150). EDIT: By large I mean 1 1/2 - 2 feet. :)
    • I have an idea I love here, but need advice for. Ever see those amp meters (like the one at the center of Zap's Ammo case)? If I could find one in a circle shape and maybe a little modernized, it could resemble a speedometer. I would use it to show power or HD activity. Where can I get one that is modern and circle shaped, and how would I wire it?
    • How would I create that large grill? Anyone have ideas for an effect?
    • I was thinking of leaving the aluminum alone in terms of color, and getting aluminum like picture here (from another BT project ;)) http://www.loonatic.com/server/sss02.jpg. Should I paint it and get normal aluminum?
    • If I get a mid-tower that I want (Lian-Li PC65), it will have a window. Should I leave it?

Advice needed! :clap:

Last edited: 19 Apr 2004
  2. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

take all of the front bezels off a cheiftec dragon full/midi tower based case and make a flat one.

have you considered modding a coolermaster musketeer?

as for the grill, just stick the mesh behind the hole.

i'd paint it.

either cover over the window and paint over, or customize it heavily :D