1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Need Some Ideas

Discussion in 'Modding' started by quiksilv3r, 22 Apr 2004.

1. quiksilv3r

quiksilv3r What's a Dremel?

Ok, I am about to buy this case, but was wondering if there was any ideas from anyone, on what i could do to mod it up to the max...

Anything, cept for water cooling.....

If anyone has any ideas, please post back....

[​IMG]

2. Awoken

Awoken Gazing at the stars

Make it silent:
    - Use panaflo L1A fans and undervolt them (they're silent at 7V)
    - Use a good quality HSF which takes an +80mm fan (most thermal right HSFs or zalmans 7000 spring to mind)
    - Cut out all the stamped metal fan grills to allow better air flow
    - Build a Hard Drive suspension bay in front of the front intake so that the HDD vibration is not transmitted to the case: http://forums.silentpcreview.com/viewtopic.php?t=8240

Other ideas:
    - Do something with the hideous front panel
    - Choose a lighting scheme (Blue is overdone now) and light the front grill with a few carefully positioned LEDs

Otherwise just browse the forums and project logs for ideas (If you can lay you're hands on a soldering iron check out the electronics section stickys for some kick ass lighting circuits). For silencing ideas check out the articles and forums at http://www.silentpcreview.com/ its perfectly possible to have a silent overclock :hip:

Good Luck!

3. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Not using a Xaser case for a start!!! Damned ugly piece of ****!

CHeck out the Project Logs and Modding Guides forums. Spend a day in there and you'll get all the dieas you need.

4. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Its not a Xaser case. :p

5. Pookeyhead

Sorry.. so it's not. It's one of the Zorro Eye-T things... still FUGLY! :hehe:

Last edited: 22 Apr 2004
  6. ouija

ouija Trust me, I am doctor!

Premods suck :blah:

7. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

2 true

8. 0013

0013 What's a Dremel?

get el cheapo, that won't be a too big waste money if you **** it up accidentally :D and you can't make it too much wrong,

9. Thunder_return

Thunder_return What's a Dremel?

Ermm....In Sweden those cases are called "Raidmax".

Mod: Do something to those ugly ribbs in the front.
    Maybe build in a fan in the door where the Z is lockated.

10. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

premods do suck but sometimes they are a good starting point for some one new.

Ok my idea.

1. find a plastic skull of some sort and cut the face off the skull and glue and mold it to that door thus hiding the face of it.

2. Either cut out thsoe ribs and put some mesh in there ( I realy dont like mesh mutch but its an option regardless) OR close the whole thing up and make it flush with puddy (thats no good for the air flow) OR put a pvc pipe in there and have a turbine looking fan on there.

3. Take the window apart and get rid of those lines runing acros it and that mid fan grill thing.

4. I sugest you do some etching on the window.

5. Improve air flow to the case interiors with a top blow hole.

6. Get a sheep to plexiglass and glue it to the bottom of the case and drill small holes in the plexi and put 6-0 leds in it to light it up all the way around.

Try not to make the case look like a christmas tree by limiting the types of colors used. Also get a rheostat and control the brightnes of the lights so you can sleep at nite. Also put your fans on rheostats and control the speed of them as you need them.

other than that use your imagination.

11. Pookeyhead

Not always. I love the Lian Li PC65 window. Gotta love that industrial rivetted look. If I was to do it myself, it would only end up looking teh same, so why not buy it already done? I agree with you in principle however. Even when I do buy a pre-modded part, I'll just use it as a starting point. The only thing I'd not change is the front panel of the PC65 - sheer loveliness.

12. Pookeyhead

I'd say the AMOUNT of colours used. Try to maintain a theme of 2 colours... always look nice.

13. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

If quiksilv3r is about to purchase it he must like the way it looks, and that is what counts. I would have to say i do not like the look of the front (black/red) X thing perhaps paint the red part (unless you like it the way it is) or a smoked acrylic cover for that area. Other than that the case looks OK to me.

http://server6.uploadit.org/files/jeffrey9-41704.jpg

14. thecrownles

thecrownles What's a Relix?

well if u have that nice skull idea, why not make your case skull themed, with like a dark theme and well placed black lights that higlight things, such as the uv reactive skull painted onto ur mobo... :dremel: :dremel: :dremel:

15. quiksilv3r

quiksilv3r What's a Dremel?

lol, i am not that advanced in painting/modding to do that to my motherboard...

What i have thought about doing is puddying up the front grill, so its like nothing was ever there, i might put in a top window, not really sure yet.
    I will be putting neon feet on it, a soltek raid motherboard with a 2400+ and a couple o' 120 gigs in it. It will have a dvd burner of course, and i am thinking of getting a new video card...

I want to pic a colour scheme, and i really want blue, but there has been alot of blue around, so can someone give me an example of a black lighting mod?

Thanks.

16. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

well if u have that nice skull idea, why not make your case skull themed, with like a dark theme and well placed black lights that higlight things, such as the uv reactive skull painted onto ur mobo...

I think you misread my post

1. find a plastic skull of some sort and cut the face off the skull and glue and mold it to that door thus hiding the face of it.

The skull is suposed to mold into the front of the case and cover those emblems up.

I just sugested it.

also I dont like uv lights or green ones and especialy blue themes. But I dont look at the persons taste in the mod I look at the work.

i will have a project loog coming soon in whitch I will be doing a full case transformation of a dell xpsr-350. And my case was a dell case. But I bet any one that it wont even resemble a dell when Im done.

17. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

Yes premods suck... I agree but it is a starting point for modding, I like a clean canvas though for my work. Look at the article cases, expecially orac and bliss un leashed and maybe even my projects in the link

Notice the name of the second... project premod... making a case that has no modding from the factory look like it was modded at the factory...

I would look at plexi centers for your case (for the grills and top) and get rid of the ugly raidmax center. You could also fill them up and make the case look like a mini chieftec up top... make the front superbright and you will get attention.

I once though about modding this case by adding dark tinted plexi windows on all 3 sides and doing some cool lighting and some stuff to the front...

Be original and just think about it, modding ideas come in all shapes and sizes, look at baby bliss, inspiration at the weirdest time... sitting in dynamics.

Good luck... I will expect a project log up soon... :hehe: