1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Neeeeeed Cool lookin GF4 Block!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Coolrunnin, 30 May 2002.

1. Coolrunnin

Coolrunnin What's a Dremel?

Hi everyone!

I'm in the process of lookin for a new GF4 block - current block is an all copper maze I made myself but I'm building a good-lookin rig at the mo and I'd like to have something well-made pref with plexi top to match my OCPC neptune CPU block (and LEDs if poss :D :D ) Like the neptune it's gotta work as good as it looks too :D (there's no pleasing some people is there?!!!:rolleyes:)

Any ideas appreciated - had a look at the innovatech offering but plexi tops are where I start gettin excited :p

2. scopEDog

scopEDog Minimodder

DD is just about ready to release a new gf4 block..yeah i know what you mean about clear tops..looks nice :dude:

3. Coolrunnin

Any info anywhere on that DD block? I've had a quick browse over there but couldn't find any pics or nuthin':sigh:

I've had a reply from Jess at OCPC who said there's one in development but wouldn't let on as to what the finished block might look perfom like - judgin' by the smilies he's confident it'll be the ****! Mid-June he reckons for product launch.... (ok pimping over:rolleyes: :D )

4. Haddy

Haddy World Domination

everybody is makin one here soon....dangerden, dtek, and a bunch of uk sites are working on them....give it a few more months and there will be a million to choose from....

5. TiTch

TiTch h2o cooled

You can get the be cooling blocks at

www.pclincs.co.uk
    www.over-clock.co.uk

DD will ship to the UK as will Dtek (who I spoke to on the phone and was well impressed with).

But as Haddy rightly says, you will have loads on the market by the summer.

6. Coolrunnin

Cheers for the info and stuff everyone - I'll be looking for a new block definitely in the summer! Hopefully OCPC will have sorted thier offering that should go nicely with me neptune:D

7. Haddy

Haddy World Domination

GF4 blocks? couldnt find one @ pclincs and the oc.co.uk looks like a modified koolance block that i couldnt find where u could buy....

8. SiGmA_X

SiGmA_X What's a Dremel?

If you have a drill press or better yet, a CNC, you can make your own. The design is really very simple. I will be starting work on mine tomorrow, if I can make a stop to the metal shop and buy some copper.

Anyone know where to buy Lexan in the USA (Pacific NW)?

9. Coolrunnin

The really annoying thing is I've got 7.5Kgs of 15mm copper plate, lexan but no ****ing CNC. I'm too much of a perfectionist to 'drill' a block. My current GPU block is a drilled maze design but that's got a copper top :rolleyes:

*goes to look in the phone book for machine shops!*

Oh yeah, a bit off topic but anyhoo - where's the cheapest place in the UK that sells Perspex and thick Lexan (about 1/4") in sensible sizes (not measured in metres!) - I'm gonna design my own GPU w/b I think - just seen the DD GF4 block and I'm not sure about it - the barb position looks a little strange to me - I don't think the hoses would clear any decent ramsinks at all! see for yourselves - http://www.dangerden.com/images/GF4/gf4.htm :eyebrow:

10. Haddy

Haddy World Domination

good thing about that gf4 block is u can use it with gf2/3s also =)

11. Coolrunnin

Very true Haddy - I doubt many other blocks will be able to do the same:) Just those barbs (and the uncertainty of the Maze 3's 'unintentional direct die' cooling approach :eeek: ) make me a little sceptical of the design :eyebrow:

12. Haddy

Haddy World Domination

cooling a gpu isnt like cooling a cpu.....theres not as much to cool so design isnt nearly as important....just put water on it and till cool just fine....

13. Coolrunnin

Hexerlent!:D

I'm still gonna **** up making my own block design before throwing the mangled remains full of broken end mills through the workshop window and buying a ready made alternative!:rolleyes:

14. BorgBob

BorgBob What's a Dremel?

Gemini Cool make a plexi top GPU water block...

15. TiTch

TiTch h2o cooled

If you look on the modding section, Linear has done a load of information on lexan etc. and where top get it.

16. Coolrunnin

Cheers TiTch I'll pop over and take a look :)

Ah! BorgBob - Where abouts do geminicool reside?

:edit: It's o.k. I got it!

Last edited: 9 Jun 2002
Tags: