1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Neptune's Pride - 12-player BT/CPC - Game #2! **It's off** Congrats Zinfandel!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Xtrafresh, 18 Aug 2010.

1. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

BT/CPC Game #2

This is not a simple tale of war. It is a tale of friendship and hatred, trust and paranoia, betrayal and support. Oh, and there's cheesecake at the end! :D

If you want to know what we are talking about, check this article on the frontpage.

The article sparked a lot of interest for the game in the community, so besides the bit-tech staff game, there's also two community games that started. Game #1 has a thread and a blog. This is not about those inferior fools though, this thread is where the cream of the crop gathered to start The aptly named Game #2! You'll tell your grandchildren later that you were here, reading and experiencing it along with us all. For the FULL experience, you can read the entire thread, but i understand that time is an issue for some of you (seriously, get your priorities straight). That's why these first three posts will be dedicated to capture the most dramatic moments of the game.

First, allow me to introduce the contestants:

Future emperors:
    1. Xtrafresh
      Rulername: Xtrafresh
      Character background:
      A tall, goatee-wearing Dutchman, you'd think this guy a stereotypical evil genious, however, nothing could be further from the truth. Inside, he's Eek The Cat's identical twin, that is to say purple, fluffy and oblivious. He even carries the same motto: It never hurts to help! And so it happens that he has taken it upon his fluffy self to help those poor little stars escape the greedy clutches of all the evilness in the galaxy.
    2. Bigkingfun
      Rulername: Admiral A Bosch
    3. GravitySmacked
      Rulername: Gravitysmacked
      Character Background
      Illegitimate child of a Murtoch Slug & a Triltan Snail Monkey, GravitySmacked didn't have the best start in life. Unfortunately things became far, far worse when his home planet was destroyed in a freak mining accident...
      The only survivor & the last of his race; with nothing to lose & everything to gain GravitySmacked set out in search of adventure, a nice cold beer & total galactic domination....to be continued...
    4. Adam Bagpuss
      Rulername: Bagpuss
      Character background:
      A fat furry catpuss with an appetite for power and glory. Originally from Emily's shop he grew tired of his vast empire of mice and beaten down toys and turned his piercing merciless eyes to the stars. Upon staring in to the abyss he realised his true calling to be the master of them all. All shall worship and fear Bagpuss for he is the master of creation because when bagpuss wakes up all his minions wake up too.
    5. Zinfandel
      Rulername: Professor Zinfandel
    6. Spurs142
      Rulername: Lingy
      Character background:
      An avid Spurs fan(yes that poor London club he wishes it would have been the NBA he would have seen some semblance of success) Always hoping his next move would bring fame and fortune. Has the ability to shine but usually fails to break the status quo. he will continue to reach for the stars (plural or should that be singular????). Let the galactic tour commence.
    7. PegasusM
      Rulername: Drax the Destroyer
      Character Background:
      After being killed with his family by the mad titan Thanos for merely observing him, Drax's spirit was given a new body by Thanos' father Mentor.
      Mentor gave Drax the sole objective of seeking out and killing the mad titan Thanos.
      With this goal in mind Drax the Destroyer intends to search the galaxy for his arch enemy, seeking help where necessary and destroying anything which tries to stop him.
    8. Tim S
      Rulername: Bigzarelli
    9. russ1980:
      Rulername: Cpt D Lister
      Character Background:
      Where is everyone Hol?
      Holly: They're dead Dave.
      Who is?
      Holly: Everybody Dave.
      What Captain Holister?
      Holly: Everybody's dead Dave.
      What Todd Hunter?
      Holly: Everybody's dead Dave.
      What Selby?
      Holly: They're all dead, everybody's dead Dave.
      Peterson isn't, is he?
      Holly: Everybody is dead Dave.
      Not Chen?
      Holly: Gorden Bennet, yes Chen, everybody, everybody's dead Dave.
      Rimmer?
      Holly: He's dead Dave, everybody's dead, everybody is dead Dave

Maybe ill get my farm on Fiji, Me and Frankenstein will make the collective congregation that will rule this empire. My objectives on the way ? of course.. to find the best vindaloo recipe that the galaxy has to offer, if money, exotic goods and even more exotic women happen across my path then thats the sacrificed im willing to make to further the prosperity of all of humanity.
    10. Bindibadgi
      Lord Banhammer
    11. Ph4ZeD
      Rulername: Ph4ZeD
    12. Nikumba
      Rulername: Kimby

The game has been setup with these starting conditions:
    [​IMG]

It has begun! Behold, the arena!
    [​IMG]

Did we forget anything?
    Prizes! That what we were missing!
    First place will not only take the glory and the girls*, but also a delicious cheesecake, sent to your house by yours truely. I might concider hiring a local bakery to make sure it arrive fresh :D

[​IMG]

* (may not be true)

Last edited: 14 Sep 2010
  2. Xtrafresh

reserved for an epic space saga

3. Xtrafresh

reserved for epic space saga

4. Omnituens

Omnituens What's a Dremel?

Hmmm... very tempted.... but I'll get nuked right off the bat knowing my luck :(

5. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

We already have a game going.

Pity there are no places left but I don't see why two games going on at the same time should be any problem other than number of players available if you want to continue with creating one.

6. bigkingfun

bigkingfun Tinkering addict

Hey Xtra, count me in.
    I will send you some money when we have a full roster.

7. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

Don't do it. You'll trust no one!

8. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I've not played it before but wouldn't mind having a bash so count me in too.

9. Xtrafresh

Haha, already playing the underdog?
    Come join man, it'll be a laugh no matter what. And with your luck, you'll be the only one there with nothing to lose :D
    Cheers, too bad i missed that...
    Anyway, maybe anyone is interested in joining this one aswell, the game is slow enough that you can play two of them :)
    Sweet! I'll let you know when the roster fills up :)
    That's the point of it, isn't it :worried:
    Anayway, i'm still waiting to see a new minimap from your game! Just give us a screenshot, you you wanna tell! :naughty:
    Cool, you are on the list!

10. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Hope you don't mind being game #2, it's probably better to keep them all grouped together. :)

Also, I'm tagging both threads for quick finding. :)

11. Omnituens

Omnituens What's a Dremel?

What is this in £? as i get shafted by my bank if paypal charges me in $

12. Xtrafresh

Isn't it possible to let paypal convert it? I think they ask a percentage, which is a big fat LOL in this case :)

13. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

50 credits comes out at 51p per player for 12 people if you factor in the 21p charge by Paypal for a Paypal Gift. That's what I'm charging my participants. :)

14. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

meh sign me up. never played so should be a laugh and ill probly forget to log in and die lol

will send cash on a full roster

LETS GET IT ON!!!!!

15. Xtrafresh

Yeah, i'm not sure i'm going to be in it for longer then one round, so because of the stupid points scheme that Ironhelmet employs, i'll just have to charge for the full 200 points. I'm sure everybody will ge over the full 1,50 extra, in dollars no less :)

Unless... you are willing to host (and join) a second game.
    You get a reminder email every day when you get ingame payments (unless you turn it off), so you'll be fine :)
    Oh and forgetting? Unlikely :D

16. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

come on people sign up your bit-tech needs you.

The fate of the universe is at stake and you cant be bothered to sign up, shame on you.

ANSWER THE CALL NOW

17. Xtrafresh

Getting in character i see! You will be lord of propaganda :p

18. bigkingfun

bigkingfun Tinkering addict

I need to only play 1 game at once. I am getting my alliances confused and it is really confused once the game heats up.

This #2 BT game will surely make it better.....

19. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

May be worth adding 'places still available' to the thread title so people know they can join up.

20. Xtrafresh

good point! :)