Windows Nero versions

Discussion in 'Software' started by Meblin, 3 May 2005.

1. Meblin

Meblin Supposed IR God!

I am looking to buy a DVD Writer and am looking to buy nero at the same time. Can someone tell me what the difference between Ahead Nero Express Burning ROM 6.x.x and Ahead Nero Express Burning ROM Suite 1 6.6.x are?

Meblin

2. Cheap Mod Wannabe

Cheap Mod Wannabe What's a Dremel?

I haven't actually used those versions but I guess that the suite versions comes with many various programs that you can use to make dvd menus, your own dvd's from clips on your HDD and a lot of stuff. WHile Nero Burning ROM is just for burning the files you choose onto the DVD. This is what I think.

3. kickarse

kickarse What's a Dremel?

Nero Ultra Edition is what I use but it has everything. Find the one that best suits what your going to be doing. I'd use nero over any other burning program, heck easy cd creator just sucks but is easy to use.

4. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

I'm afraid "Cheap Mod Wannabe" has it backwards.

Nero Express is the cut down version, which can be unlocked into the full Nero Burning ROM
    by buying a new serial number from Ahead.

5. OneSeventeen

OneSeventeen Oooh Shiny!

I have some version of nero 6 that came with my CD burner. I can burn DVDs and CDs just fine, and for all my DVD menu editing stuff, there's some open source stuff out there I use.

I'll post an update when I get home with all the stuff that came with it, so you can know what to expect if you get nero bundled with some hardware.

I just know that I haven't found anything I can't do yet, and I paid $25 for my CD Burner with Nero! That's $50 cheaper than most Nero packages! :p

(although my new laptop has a dual layer DVD burner, but some crappy sonic recorder software, so now I've got to fork over the $$ to buy a retail copy of nero :( )

6. Cheap Mod Wannabe

Cheap Mod Wannabe What's a Dremel?

HA HA HA Once again I'm wrong :hehe:

I should just like stop posting :duh:

7. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

The bundled Plextor Nero I got with my old CD-ROM could do everything the full version could apart from burn to 2 different target drives.

Some shops sell the OEM version for a couple of quid with a burner if it's not already bundled, worth getting. :thumb:

Latest full package is called Nero 6 Reloaded, includes DVD player, Music Player, and a load of other O&S. Nero site lists them.

8. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

basically

Nero express allows you to do basic burning only like data cds, music cd's, and dvd's if you already have the processed Audio and Video TS files.

Nero Ultra has express plus a whole bunch of features, but if you want to author videos in nero you need to look forsomething called Nervison as that is the dvd authoring suite. I am not sure if it comes with the ultra edition or not as i don't user nero for authoring DVD's. It also comes with the classic nero burning rom interface which is not included with the "bundled" nero software.

I hope this helps

Tags: