1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Network boot disk advice

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by scj6771, 14 Nov 2007.

1. scj6771

scj6771 What's a Dremel?

Ok so here is the readers digest version, I am looking for a network boot disk that will allow me to access my Ghost share, I was using The Universal TCP/IP Network Bootdisk which worked like a charm and was extremely fast, my problem is that now with the new Lenovo laptops I am getting in (X61, T61) this trusty method that I have relied on for years is no longer working, (not picking up the network card) and even with the new version just released it still fails.

So I decided to give UBCD4Win and BartPE a try, however I find these to be very bloated and not so user friendly, I understand that I can turn off plugin's but it still weighs in pretty heavy, and once I got a thumb drive loaded with BartPE I found it difficult to get anywhere on the network, getting errors like "multiple connections can not be made" I could not even map a network drive. I did like the simple method for adding network drivers and BartPE was able to work with the new machines, but like I stated before getting anywhere on the network was tough.

All I want from this is a simple method to boot into the network using a thumb drive and quickly access my Ghost share.

2. scj6771

scj6771 What's a Dremel?

Ok, I got BartPE to work but I am unsure of how to get Ghost working to image the machine that I am booted up with using BartPE.

If I start ghost32 and select the drive that I mapped and select the image I want, the only device that shows up to image is the thumb drive itself (E:). Is it possible to image the same machine that you are using BartPE with?

3. scj6771

scj6771 What's a Dremel?

Wit a little help from Brian over at the Radified forums I came to this.For each computer I plan to use the BartPE with I have to put the SATA drivers in a folder, name it, and copy those folders to the BartPE pebuilder3110a\drivers\SCSIAdapter folder. Then rebuild BartPE. Worked great.

Now if I can find a way to have BartPE map the Ghost share for me every time I use it. Just one less step I would need to take.

Tags: