1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

network technicians

Discussion in 'General' started by f U z ! o N, 18 Apr 2005.

1. f U z ! o N

f U z ! o N What's a Dremel?

ok guys i need your help again. ive narrowed down what i want to do in college. its between carpentry and networking. what do you network techs do in your jobs? i know it sounds like a silly question but i want to know everything you do as a network technician. i just don't want a job where i have to sit at a desk all day long.

2. moddenmania

moddenmania What's a Dremel?

fix networks

3. Dinh

Dinh What's a Dremel?

You actually travel around campus, doing network os installs, installing hardware, monitor internet use, optimize stuff.. :D

4. Chucjy

Chucjy What's a Dremel?

Network planing and setup ( including choosing ip ranges subnets, network hardware including routers, switches hubs and network cards) also setuping up lans and wans, also playing alot of games... I guess thats a brief description really lol am still a student so I dont know the ins and outs but i guess thats a little of it.

5. Joel

Joel What's a Dremel?

I sit on my ass and laugh heartily at lusers who's home directory just vanished </bofh>

6. Chucjy

Chucjy What's a Dremel?

johnny that reminds me of when I hid all the drives and some files on a college pc ... to put things quickly he ended up formatting.. luckly I got a backup of all the important stuff

still during anf afterwards it was something like this ....

me = :hehe:
    him = :wallbash: :duh: once i told him what I did

7. SitraAchra

SitraAchra Minimodder

you can go to college for carpentry? don't you become some indentured servant or intern for a carpenter after highschool?

8. f U z ! o N

f U z ! o N What's a Dremel?

they offer a carpentry diploma at the local community college

9. XUntitled

XUntitled What's a Dremel?

See if you can find a union to join if you go the carpentry route. They should offer an apprentice program that you can take (and get paid for taking) and you'll come out of it with a job.