1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows New Generation hand-held

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by The Lost Monk, 19 Jul 2005.

1. The Lost Monk

The Lost Monk What's a Dremel?

So when do you guys think Microsoft will come out with there New Generation hand-held, and what would you like to see in the hand-hald if it where ever to come out?

2. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

What is this like a real console they're coming out with or just a "what if".

I just want to put it simple and say it must gave good graphics, good battery life, good games blah blah and be able to compete with PSP. Also have good ergonomics, that's about it. :hip:

3. The Lost Monk

The Lost Monk What's a Dremel?

this is a what if thing. just for fun

4. chemo

chemo True Jungle Brother

id say the two most important facts for me would be the battery life, i mean the psp is great and all, but im sure in the future the battery life for a portable games machine will be far better than 2.5 hours. so thats something that i would imagine will get better.
    and another thing is the ergonomics as said above, most other handhelds ive ever played on gives my hands some sort of pain. the only exceptions are the original gamsboy and the gamegear. actually if the psp was in the gamegears case it would be awesome, i fine the shoulder buttons hard to get to on the psp. i think they should have been incorporated into the rear of the unit instead.

anyway my ramblings are going OT so im gonna shut it.

just one thing i WOULDNT want, and thats windows mobile on the damn thing.

5. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

Heh windows mobile should be made illegal on handhelds...

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

If MS made it it would definately contain a version of windows mobile with some sort of ATI graphics if the current xbox 360 agreement is anything to go by. Although, considering next gen phones are meant to have 3D chips in them i doubt MS will bother making a handheld and just supply the software to companies to make their own phones that do games.

7. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

I think MS have got their hands full with Longhorn and the new Xbox. Breaking into a market that Nintendo have had cornered for the last 10yrs and that Sony have had to invest millions into getting a toe hold... I doubt Microsoft would take such a venture seriously enough to threaten either companies products for a while yet.

I agree about the battery life point though. Having said that, Sony are promising a much better battery for the PSP (undoubtedly to be released as standard with PSPs at some point) and it would be nice to get a good 4-5hrs (atleast) from my PSP with every game I play. Also, the PSP is technically underclocked and so there's still a hell of a lot more for it to give than the early releases might suggest - from what I've read the new battery will allow the PSP to run at full speed (in time for GT4 - at the moment some emulation and homebrew apps allow you to set it beyond where the current firmware defaults: clock speed 222mhz up to 333mhz).

Tags: