1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V New Headphones

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by PauloWhysalli, 13 Nov 2013.

1. PauloWhysalli

PauloWhysalli Confused.com

So with Xmas coming up my good lady wife has said she will buy me some new cans. However with Baby Whysalli on the scene the budget is limited to a maximum of £70.00.

I have never had any headphones apart from the in ear type so am a virgin to this type of thing.

Some basic information....

I mainly listen to blues and rock music (more guitar led than bass led, think Def Leppard)

Not sure about noise cancelling, they will mainly be used for walking to work. However the good lady isn't keen on some of my music. Basically pro's and con's would be good.

I do listen to other stuff including metal and classical but they are not such a priority (unless a pair of headphones exist that do it all for not much money :lol:)

Looks wise I don't want anything to big and heavy (its a long walk to work), black would be a preference for colour. They need to look reasonably good otherwise the good lady won't buy them.

I don't have a preference on brand either so throw anything into the ring.

2. PauloWhysalli

PauloWhysalli Confused.com

I quite like the look of these Blaupunkt but obviously some advice would be good.

3. MSHunter

MSHunter Well-Known Member

The best pair of AKGs you can find in yoru price range would be what I would get.
    AKGs at thomann

4. tripwired

tripwired Deploying Surprise in 3... 2...1...

The AKG K451's seem to be all the rage at the moment, I've not listened to a pair but they won a 5* What Hi-Fi 2013 award and come in under budget at £50, possibly a contender?

http://www.whathifi.com/review/akg-k451
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/AKG-K451-Foldable-Mini-Headset/dp/B005LBQ7BY

The Blaupunkt's look similar to an old pair of Bose Quiet Comfort 3's I used to have which had battery powered noise cancelling technology which was fairly good - especially so for use on a plane. The downside was they didn't stay on my head very well for outdoors use and if the battery for the noise cancelling died then it would stop all the sound coming through.