1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors New Headunit

Discussion in 'General' started by Joel, 7 Mar 2007.

1. Joel

Joel What's a Dremel?

Hi all,

I was looking at the pioneer DEH-P75BT as my real requirement was having the hands free option built into my head unit. But, I would like to be able to plug in my USB hard drive for my MP3 use, although my first idea was just to use my mp3 player via AUX-IN.

Problem is however, I cannot find a head unit with both bluetooth and USB. My budget is probably around the £300 mark.

I was looking at the Blaupunkt Casablanca, and then buying the addon bluetooth / usb kit to work with that.

My question is how good is the bluetooth functionality on the blaupunkt compared to the Pioneer. What do you reckon is the best option?

I was thinking more the Blaupunkt Casablanca or Memphis with the bluetooth kit add-on, comes to around £350ish.

I'd rather have something a bit better than just a portable car kit. I use my car a lot for business, and want something reliable, and that's hidden away from the tea-leaves. Plus with the bluetooth audio, I can pipe my satnav from my HTC phone though it also.

Joel

Joel

2. Springs

Springs Boing boing

have a look at the kenwood KDC W5534U headunit.. its got usb and you can get a bluetooth addon for it aswell...

you can pick up the headunit for about £100 - £150 brand new off ebay.. (got mine for somming like £130) and the bluetooth adapter would cost about £60 aswell on ebay

i believe the usb maybe picky on the HDD it accepts there is a list of compatible drives around.. i do no they dont like ide-usb adapters..

headunit ebay link

and the bluetooth unit is KCA BT100.. its a good little headunit.. there is about half a dozen ppl on here that have it.. there is a thread about it around started by Lord A..

3. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

The thread Springs refers to is this one here.

It was started by Pookeyhead btw ;)

4. Springs

Springs Boing boing

my bad

5. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

How dare you forget me!!! Damn you boy! :hehe:

Yeah, it's a good HU. Slightly awkward to use if not using the add on bluetooth or steering column controls. Hence the reason Im selling it with the car - the Mustang has no steering wheel/column controls. However, it's a fab head unit. Sounds fantastic.

It can take up to a minute to initialise very large hard drives tho.

6. Springs

Springs Boing boing

ive got steering controls on my car but cant find the correct adapter for it.. they have adapters for other models but not this particular one... tbh i run the HU on a 2gb flash drive and it dont take that long to start and it does last quite a while... and i also know what songs ive got on the drive instead of having to filter through thousands of files/folders to find one song...

i no there are quite a few different HU around that offer bluetooth.. i believe there are some sony models that offer it.. possibly usb aswell not sure.. usally they offer one but not the other.. but most sadly mainly offer ipod connections.. :(

7. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Tags: