1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals New keyboards

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by silk186, 24 Oct 2017.

1. silk186

silk186 Derp

My first mechanical keyboard is the top one, a Keycool 87 with brown switches. First it is a little big for my work space and second it has a few issues. Some keys are not registering keystrokes consistently and at other times record multiple keystrokes. The later issue was overcome with a software fix.

The first new key boards are an AJAZZ AK33S with backlighting an blue switches.
    The second keyboard is an Royal Kludge RK61 Wired/Wireless Bluetooth 3.0. It has brown switch, with the option for cherry switches.

If you buy in the UK the second keyboard is almost the same price as in China, the first one is a lot more.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 25 Oct 2017
  2. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

How are they to use ? Is the Royal Kludge (great name !) OK wireless ?

3. silk186

silk186 Derp

I've just connected them last night. The AJAZZ has an issue with the left ctrl key, and I've discovered that I'm not a fan of blue switches. They feel a bit floaty, and the noise is too much. I will try to get this board with black switches. I do like the flame lighting. It's also strange that it uses a mini B USB cable.

The RK is pretty nice, I wasn't sure what I would think about it, especially given the low price. I don't know how much it is due to the switches, but it feels more solid than the more expensive AJAZZ. It just feels better built in general. I may get another one of these with Cherry switches the next time I'm in China. The lighting is a bit more plain but I'm liking it more and more. The backlight times out after a short while and will come back on when a key is pressed to save battery. The arrow keys are the default and FN+Shift is needed to use the '?'. This is a bit awkward but understandable given the size and number of keys. I bought the keyboard for the size, not the wireless capabilities so I have not yet tried bluetooth mode.