1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new m/board and chip time

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by billy beard, 27 Nov 2002.

1. billy beard

billy beard What's a Dremel?

i might buy this m/board http://bit-tech.net/review/154/6 and .....well i havent decided on the chip yet.im pretty much new to overclocking although most of my watercooling set up is on order so clockable board and chipset are req'd :naughty: i'd like to hear what everyone thinks its gonna be bigger than a 2200+ chip so theres the place to start [most likely the amd 2400+]

2. geek1017

geek1017 What's a Dremel?

Why limit yourself?
    I'd go with the newer 333MHz FSB chips.
    I also wouldn't go with the 2400 as it may not overclock as well as the 2600 or above.

Nice choice of motherboard though.

3. DJMyst

DJMyst yeah baby

I would definitely look into the 333 AMD's and the Asus NForce 2 board. ZapWizard says that the NForce 2 boards are amazingly fast for the AMD chips. The Asus one is the only NForce2 board currently available, but more should be available shortly.

4. geek1017

geek1017 What's a Dremel?

I don't know about availability in England but there are several nForce2 boards available from Leadtek, Epox, and Chaintech as well as Asus.

In fact I've been looking into the Leadtek boards as they are dirt cheap.
    Suprizingly, the Chaintech is the most expensive right now but it also has the largest feature set and comes with a whole lot of extras.

Whatever manufacturer you go with I don't think you can be disapointed with an nForce2 board coupled with a 333MHz chip.