1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals New mouse

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by PelleK, 24 Sep 2011.

1. PelleK

PelleK What's a Dremel?

2. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

They're good, really decent mice. But do you really want to choose from 16.7M colours just to suit your décor/mood? Or a 32 bit ARM processor for that matter.

3. jeckulz

jeckulz What's a Dremel?

If youre spending that kind of money on a mouse mate, I'd go for a RAT-7 or an Imperator 2012.
    flashy lights are all well and good, but they honestly dont add to your gaming.
    The RAT and the Imperator however, will.
    Ive got the old imperator, and I cant fault it, and the RAT features the slow-track button on the side for when youre aiming down sights for long range pwnage... does actually work too.

4. morris8809

morris8809 Minimodder

I dont know about the sensei but my steelseries ikari is best mouse i have ever had. I love the button on top to change sensitivity.

5. jeckulz

jeckulz What's a Dremel?

That does seem to be the current trend doesn't it.
    One thing Im not keen on recently is the obsession with 15,000,000 dpi sensors. Who the **** actually uses this settings apart from the most sloth like of people? Far to unstable for games, web browsing point and click take several attempts, and you can just forget about photoshop!
    IMO any more than 3k dpi is just pure piss taking.

6. noprob

noprob What's a Dremel?

I am sorry but the R.A.T. 7 is a TERRIBLE mouse, the weight the mouse carries makes it pretty much useless unless your have your DPI so high that you don't ever remove the mouse and you simply wouldn't want to do that in a FPS game. Yes, it might look nice, has some nice specs and a but honestly have you ever seen the R.A.T. 7 by any professional players? Each to his own, fair enough but I am sick of friends and people saying the R.A.T. 7 will make you the S1CK3ST PWN3R3R EV4.

I can't speak for the Imperator.

Personally I have always bought Logitech mice and they have never failed me (my MX518 is still going strong). I have a G5 as my main mouse but I would recommend the G500 right now or if you have to get something in the same price band as the R.A.T. 7 / Sensei then G9x which you can modify for weight and change out the claw, flat finger and palm grips.

Just my 2 cents.

7. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

I use a RAT7 at home for gaming and you must have very weak arms if you find it heavy! The software is awful and I rarely use the sniper button but it's very adjustable.

I would go with Logitech, wish I had with my last purchase! I would get this and once you have used the free scroll wheel setting you will never go back!

8. jeckulz

jeckulz What's a Dremel?

Please enlighten me as to when I said "the R.A.T. 7 will make you the S1CK3ST PWN3R3R EV4" Maybe I'm getting alzheimers.
    I recommended it on the basis that is genuinely a decent bit of kit.
    Couldn't care less for weighted mice, but its the level of ergonomic customization that it gives. And I've tried it, a friend showed me his and let me play about with the different finger rests and palm rests.
    The steady aim button is a bloody god send when you run recon class on bad company 2, although I think this is a feature of the lesser RAT5 too. The 7 allows you to create YOUR mouse.

High sensitivities ruin FPS games, because you cant aim with them, which is why seasoned know-alls don't use them. 1600dpi maximum is all that is really needed IMO. Any higher and it's just bragging rights.

How about you actually PLAY with an R7 for an hour or 2 and then decide for yourself?

Also, again, the imperator- great bit of kit, but Its apparently been updated for 2012 and now costs around £20 more than I paid for it which is why I can no longer recommend its features for the money.

9. longweight

Any proof of people saying it will make you "the S1CK3ST PWN3R3R EV4"?

10. scott_chegg

scott_chegg Minimodder

Mionix NAOS 5000. Love mine to bits. I've used a Coolermaster CM Storm Inferno at a mates house and that was very impressive and a very good price too.

Haven't used a RAT7 but handled one at the scan showroom and it did feel good. I didn't find it to be heavy at all.

11. jeckulz

jeckulz What's a Dremel?

They come with weights that you can install to your liking.
    Mainly for noobs who whack the dpi up to max, helps to control the twitchy sensor.

12. longweight

Or for people who like a heavy mouse.

13. jeckulz

jeckulz What's a Dremel?

Meh, I'm usually satisfied if the rear of the mouse doesn't lift when Im giving the left button a battering :D (and yes, Ive had a mouse that did that) very annoying when you would have been on target if it wasnt for the lift off.

TBF it was a stupid design where the buttons hung out over the edge of the mouse body. Should have spotted it.
    But I digress.

14. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

I have the 3200 and love it also, only for people with big hands really though