1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEWS: First Revolution In-Game Images

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by MiNiMaL_FuSS, 11 Apr 2006.

1. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Loving the way the guy is holding the controller on its side in the second pic and the game mimics it almost perfect.

Looking forward to the Rev, just need more details. Nintendo are being the slowest on information completely compared to Sony and Microsoft

3. FredsFriend

FredsFriend What's a Dremel?

£100 then i'll definately get one, as Minimal said even if it's only worthy of drunken nights after the pub

4. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

There's a debate going on between various factions in the gaming media, that suggests one of the reasons that GI have exclusive rights to these pics is because they have been touched up post-capture to look better than they should.

I'm personally a bit disappointed to see a Virtua Cop, arcade FPS game to be the first thing to appear for the Rev.

5. Darv

Darv Bling!!

Another reason I've heard is that Nintendo's NDA ends on the 20th April. That's the same day that issue of GI goes on sale, along with a delayed ONM in the UK and another mag I think. Seems fairly reasonable.

Looks like a pretty solid launch game to me. Some interesting features, how well it will play remains to be seen.

6. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

looks good to me, like the guns u used to get for games like diehard on the SNES....and yes like virtua cop....i miss that game....*torrents*

7. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

Would have to agree, the graphics look very next-gen and polished for a system we all know has no desire to obtain that. They also look HD, hasn't Nintendo already stated the Rev wont support HD?

As for the Virtua Cop reference, lets face it, we all know that the first round of third-party Rev games are all going to be horrible and gimmicky, just like how the DS started. Give it 6-12 months after launch and the Rev will be a serious beast to be reckoned with, especially if they manage that £100 price tag :eeek:.

Really think the following quote from MegaGames sums the Rev up nicely.

8. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

I dunno dude, the former editor of 1UP said this about them:

"Looks great. Am Hyped. Ubi art touch-up in effect. Real game looks less good. Still excited. No damage control here. Just in talking to friends in the press who have seen actual screens of the game, they confirm as much. Again, I am still excited to see what Ubi does with this game. As an fps nut, I see lots of potential here."

Not sure what he would have to gain by saying that if there wasn't some foundation to his claims. Personally those pics look like atleast 720p (possibly higher), and considering the Rev only does 480i well, they can't be genuine grabs of an actual Rev in action imho as I just can't see how the image could look that sharp.

9. plug_in_ross

plug_in_ross What's a Dremel?

According to Gamesradar, its going to be "under £210". I doubt itll be as low as £100 initially, but could eventually drop down to that price, and even below. It also states that Nintendo will tell all there needs to be known at next months E3.

10. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

I hate to say that I told you so, but... well, these new grabs make the game look a whole lot less awesome:

http://gonintendo.com/wp-content/photos/up100970.jpg

Infact, they look distinctly current gen to me. Not that the graphics are big deal to me on the Rev anyway (if the gameplay is right) but they do seem to make the previous set of stills look very dubious in comparison.

11. genesisofthesith

genesisofthesith complete spanner

thats a dramatic diference,seems wrong if they advertised the first images as in game graphics

12. Darv

Darv Bling!!

They are still just scans from a magazine. There have been no real screenshots yet.

However Resident Evil 4 has current gen graphics and it looks fantastic, even against Xbox360 games. The Revolution will be more powerful so the graphics can be improved upon. If Capcom can make it look great, there's no reason why any other company can't.

Also the game isn't finished. I would imagine they're concentrating on the controller first and then the graphics.

I'm going to reserve judgement until I see a real screenshot or a video.

13. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

:Sits patiently and awaits real screens:

Tags: