1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Nintendo president Satoru Iwata passes away

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 13 Jul 2015.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

Obviously a sad day for his loved ones..RIP.

..But on a professional level, he was a disaster for Nintendo, choosing to focus on gimmick laden, under powered, over priced hardware that has pushed Nintendo to the margins of the videogame business, to the point of irrelevance, only of importance to the rabid Nintendo fanboy obsessives.

Hopefully a new chairman will change that and introduce new hardware worthy of Nintendo.

3. graphitone

graphitone What's a Dremel?

"Iwata halped with the development"

"Game Boy platform into the best-welling Nintendo DS"

Caffeine enema for Mr. Halfacree... of course, if you're looking for a proofreader, I'll be more than happy to help... :)

4. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

It's not that Gareth needs a proof-reader, it's difficult to type when you are crying :waah:

I agree with Hustler though - as important as Iwata was to Nintendo (and nobody can doubt what a massive success the DS has been), it's going to take a massive effort to bring Nintendo back into the home gaming competition, especially with the massive lead that Microsoft and Sony have over Nintendo.

5. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

RIP Iwata-san, :'(

6. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

The joys of writing a piece with lots of non-dictionary words in it: your eyes skim over the red squiggles after a while. (Not helped (or halped) by the fact that "welling" is apparently a valid, correctly-spelled word.) Fixed, ta!

7. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

I welling up in sympathy :thumb:

--------------

Sad news. He had a hand in a heck of a lot of joy.

Last edited: 13 Jul 2015
  8. Gareth Halfacree

And now I feel dumb. My brain never even went there, despite having used "welling up" numerous times myself; it was too busy guessing at something to do with wells in t'ground. Tch!