1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No mod title yet!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Alienhead, 19 Jun 2004.

1. Alienhead

Alienhead What's a Dremel?

Ok, I have been wandering around bit-tech for several days now just replying to posts and being a general nusence. But now it's my turn I guess.

I saw some of the other cases around here and was verry impressed. You guys have some real tallent (and you know who you are :thumb: ). I have wanted to do my first mod for quite some time now, but just never got around to it because of time and money (I'm busy puttin myself through college and working 40 hours a week) and I'm not the handiest with power tools.

Sadly, I still don't have much time. This means that this mod may drag on for a week or two without updates, so hang in there. The only reason I thought I would start now is that I am having trouble coming up with ideas. Any suggestions you guys come up with are greatly appreciated.

Ok, bought this case about a week ago:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Decided I wanted to go with kind of a hightech industrial sorta look. I found an awsome metal supply shop and bought this big sheet of Firetruck Diamond Plating:

[​IMG]

By the way, Have you noticed that all us geeks have really messy rooms. Just a thought. (That FedEx box in the background was an Ebay bid I havn't sent out in 4 months :blush: :D )

I cut out a sheet and jammed it behind the motherboard panel. (Sorry, no before pics, to hard to get out and realized i had no pics after the fact):

[​IMG]

I thought about cutting out a window on the side panel so that you can see the Diamond plate, but I don't want it to look boring either.

That's it for now. But I'll be hanging around if you guys have any questions. (Not that there is anything questionable about the mod so far HAHAHAHA!)

2. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

This sounds interesting. However I am getting red x's instead of pics. :blah: I'll bump it across to Modding until the pics can be sorted. PM me or a moderator when it's good to go and we'll move it back :)

Edit - also, while it's in Modding, perhaps someone can suggest a good title for you?

3. Lazy

Lazy Meow?

pics are working fine for me :)

4. DjmUK

DjmUK What's a Dremel?

Can't see the pictures :worried:

Maybe your bandwidth allowance is exceeded, or something to that effect?

5. Go4t

Go4t i

i was seeing them last night but they were taking forever to load

6. Alienhead

Ya, I just signed on now and I can't see the pics. My friend is running the server company and is having some difficulty with it.

It keeps going down. I'll have a talk with him in the morning and see what he can do. Sorry for the inconvenience.

7. SFOD-D LoneWolf

SFOD-D LoneWolf What's a Dremel?? :p

I see the pics without any problems.

Cheers,
    Mike

8. TMM

TMM Modder

[x]'s here (well rather nothing actually, im using firefox >_<)

9. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

yep x x x here

10. kill_me_quick

kill_me_quick Big and Blue

I can see the pics

Is that lcd backlit because it would look cool if it is. I like the plate and maybe cut a window with some lighting on that side?

Have you thought about doing something with that red bit on the top because its ugly as hell and doesnt fit the case.

edit: using firefox btw

11. SFOD-D LoneWolf

SFOD-D LoneWolf What's a Dremel?? :p

Weird problems guys, I can see them without problems....

Cheers,
    Mike

12. Rich_13

Rich_13 What's a Dremel?

firefox here not even showing red x's lol :hehe:

13. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

no prob's with the pics here.

what case is that? (would love a mini-tower version)

14. JoyRider

JoyRider What's a Dremel?

Doesn't work for me :worried:

15. formfield

formfield What's a Dremel?

Red x's

Adam

16. a9on87

a9on87 ...

I see the pic, no red x's for me

17. maeterlinck

maeterlinck What's a Dremel?

18. Alienhead

Ok, well I've talked to my friend who is running the site and he thinks that he got the picture thing under control (Dunno yet). Anyways I finaly scrounged some older parts for another computer so that I could at least get it up and running. When I did, I found that Yes, the front LCD does glow bright blue and looks pretty cool.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I finaly decided on a design for the window. It's kinda a simple design, but it's the first time I have actualy ever used a dremel :D. I decided to go with the standard power symbol. It took my friend an hour and a half to get through a third of the cut. Then I thought I would give it a try and was done in 45 min.

[​IMG] :dremel:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then I started working on the reservoir, I used the same sheet of plastic from the window, and cut it into a 8x6x2 box in the pic, it is all taped up. It's not going to stay like that, I just don't have the supplies yet to close it off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's kinda all I got for now. If you guys see any more pic issues, let me know. But I don't wanna hear about each persons "viewing" issues. Thanks.

19. Zion

Zion What's a Dremel?

Where did you get the Diamond Plating? i have been looking around forever and have found nothing :wallbash:. if anyone can tell me a web sight that would be great to. so far it looks good keep it up.

20. Alienhead

Actualy, I couldn't find it anywhere either. I asked Home Depot, and they didn't even know what it was (even though there front door was made of it). Anyways, I found a place in San Diego called Industrial Metal Supply Co. It has everything. The metal is called Firetruck Diamond Plating. It is anti slip and has some cool grooves in it that are hard to see from the pics. I bought that big sheet and barly used any. So if anyone has any ideas on what I can use the rest for, that would help.