1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News No mod tools for Fallout 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 10 Jul 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Cobalt

Cobalt What's a Dremel?

Bethesda games practically require mod tools. They don't seem to be able to make them quite right by themselves. Even the much acclaimed Morrowind needed a bit of love from the mod community. Oblivion is barely worth playing at all without one or other of the major overhauls (or all of them for those using FCOM).

3. bowman

bowman Minimodder

Oh, yeah, you would love marketing the user-made content by PC users for your console versions, and simultaneously take away one of the advantages the consoles haven't stolen already. I bet. I just bet.

What a bunch of console sellouts.

4. g3n3tiX

g3n3tiX Minimodder

They just shot themselves in the foot.

Most of quite successful games have user created content, which was made because the tools were easily available : half life, Morrowind (great stuff to expand the playtime of the game), Source games (where would garrysmod be without the Source SDK ?), Oblivion, Neverwinter Nights, and so on and so forth.
    Just because it won't be used for consoles, their main market, they won't bother to make it.
    How foolish.

5. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

IF the mod tools make it out shortly after the game (And I'm talking a month or two here) then they MIGHT get away with it.

Otherwise I can see this game earning more hate than love from the mod community.

6. TurtlePerson2

TurtlePerson2 What's a Dremel?

Oh come on. If consoles are able to have user developed content then there's no reason they shouldn't have it. Wishing malevolence on the console community isn't a good way to help the PC gaming community.

Personally I don't think that I've ever bought a game even thinking about the mods that will come later on. Those just help to extend the life of the game, which is something that console companies don't want. They want to sell you a game then sell you another soon because they lose money on the hardware and they need to make money on the software.

7. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Not really, yeah better heads/bodies was great when the game started to show it's age, but I thought that the core game was great, I never bothered putting any gameplay mods on there.

8. Lepermessiah

Lepermessiah What's a Dremel?

Sigh, Bethesda keep distancing from the PC community mroe and more. They keep making Fallout 3 look like it will be a disaster and this does not help.

9. Timmy_the_tortoise

Timmy_the_tortoise International Man of Awesome

All the better a situation in which to come out with an absolute CORKER of a game.

10. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

Epic fail.

Tags: Add Tags