1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks no modem connectivity with linksys BEFDSR41W

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Fusen, 26 Apr 2005.

1. Fusen

Fusen New Member

I have the linksys befdsr41w and have recently got the ukonline 8mb package but when I plug the rj11 cable in the befdsr41w, the modem led's don't do anything except for the 'Link' LED flashes every 4 seconds or so... any ideas?

2. padrejones2001

padrejones2001 Puppy Love

Call up the provider and either, a) register the modem with them if you haven't already, or b) get them to resync the line. Either way, the connection between you and the provider is not aligning correctly.

3. Fusen

Fusen New Member

but when I use the crappy gateway my isp sent me it syncs fine

4. bobmister

bobmister New Member

Well, I am not familiar with ukonline, but one of the provider here in the US key in your router's MAC (security reason I suppose), so whenever one changes router, one has to phone them.

Assuming this is not the case with u, what about DNS? what about PPoE, sure u got the correct straight cable? Does the modem's light senses your router being plugged in? (if no modem, just straight to wall - never mind). If using dynamic IP, does the router show it's trying to get an IP? does the router provide any sort of logging, messaging capability? (to give u a hint of what is amiss). Am sure u already gone to all that and just keeping it from us. :)

5. CaseyBlackburn

CaseyBlackburn Network Techie

On whatever computer it works fine on goto a page on your router where it can clone the mac address of the computer you are on and see if that helps.

Tags: