1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no more job

Discussion in 'General' started by Samurai75007, 17 Mar 2005.

1. Samurai75007

Samurai75007 New Member

Well I just got laid off. I went into work like normal after being there almost a year. Well on the 8th I would have been there a year. Anyway went in to work at 1 like any other day and at 4:30ish they called me in and said due to cutbacks we haft to let you go. I didn’t know what to say I was like well ok, ummm nice working with you, Buy. So now I have $700 a month in bills now with no job and pretty much no qualifications. So now I plan to go stay with some fends around this grate state of Texas to see if I can find something I like to do and that someone will pay me for. so umm ya... maby now I can go back to school full time if only I can get some way to pay for my bills. :waah:

2. MaplinMan

MaplinMan New Member

damn thats messed up

'cutbacks' is such an abused excuse... what was you doing?

i wouldnt worry anyway as experience is worth more than qualifications. and if the worst comes to the worst you can try and build something from the ground up by yourself.

3. DaSuperFly

DaSuperFly New Member

That's really tight but the best thing to do is to start looking and applying for jobs asap. There's no point in self-pity!
    Also try and cut those monthly bills to the basic necessities while you don't have a job. Good luck :thumb:

4. trigger

trigger Procrastinator

Damn, that's harsh. Did they give you a months notice? I think they have to... As other's have said experience is usually better than qualifications (although it is good to have something!)

5. Monkeyboy

Monkeyboy Member

have to applied for unemployement? if not, do so immediately! it'll help until you get back on your feet...

6. CyberSol

CyberSol 1337 Pants

what did you do?