1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Nokia tablet rumoured for Autumn

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 7 Apr 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. rickysio

rickysio N900 | HJE900

My (overclocked) N900 is far superior in web browsing to the iPad.

Why? Blue lego blocks don't taunt me in 90% of the webpages on the web.

Frankly speaking, the Harmattan OS makes a lot more sense as a tablet OS than Win7, Android or other OSes as it was built from the ground up as a tablet OS, which means that it really does fit the bill better. And for those who are sure to argue that the iPad has an locked-to-the-nth-rail-dumbproof OS, my grandparents found the N900 intuitive, and commented "why aren't all phones so easy to use?"

3. kempez

kempez modding again!

The iPad is bound to be a great device to use - my iPhone is fantastic to use.

As has been said though: no flash support means it's a huge no for me. How can I replace my wife's pretty much single purpose web-surfing laptop with a device that doesn't support Flash? The answer is that I can't.

It does mean though, that I can look around for something else. Not that I've found anything I'm keen on.

4. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

If Nokia's tablet is anything like the N900 then I'll be queuing to buy it. The N900 is just awesome!

5. theskirrid

theskirrid What's a Dremel?

If you want to compete with the iPad just buy an iPhone and hold it a lot closer. And make no calls. Or ever take any pictures.

And +1 for the Nokia OS, it's fab, even my mum sent me a picture message the other day and that's akin to Paris Hilton winning a Nobel Prize for Chemistry.

Tags: Add Tags