1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Nvidia announces RealityServer

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 21 Oct 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. dec

dec [blank space]

as long as its cheaper than a high end GPU i think some people would try it. However, theres a sense of pride in having a expensive GPU in your case. I could see this replacing integrated GPU's though (provided theres enough internet bandwidth).

3. bowman

bowman Minimodder

I really like the name for some reason. Better than 'Fusion Render Cloud' at any rate..

4. amacieli

amacieli What's a Dremel?

will always be nice to have graphics without being attached to the internet

5. mauvecloud

mauvecloud What's a Dremel?

I don't think the internet bandwidth is there yet - even if you could settle for 640x480 resolution, with 24 bits per pixel, and 60 fps (which is what many LCDs run at), sent uncompressed, that would take about 442 megabits per second.

6. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

ya in the US in terms of internet we have a LONG way to go still before this becomes a practical concept but in smaller countries where they are already setup to be fiber and all that goodness this is a bit more viable for them.

7. ZERO <ibis>

ZERO <ibis> Minimodder

As far as playing a game using it the tech is not very useful even if you had fiber as the system is going to create latency that gamers do not want and in addition it could remove mod capabilities. This tech is best left for people who do not need the results in real time.

8. Saivert

Saivert Minimodder

this is for still image renders, instead of having to wait several minutes for an image to render you only have to wait e.g 30 seconds.
    It's processing power in the cloud. As long as that power is a lot more powerful than what you have locally this will make sense. Also broadband issues isn't that huge. They will use lossless compression obviously.

I guess most of you guys don't even realize how much bandwidth web TV uses.

Tags: Add Tags