1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Nvidia driver has stopped responding (560ti)

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by bsp, 12 Jan 2012.

1. bsp

bsp Minimodder

I get these issues with firefox - they used to occasionally occur with starcraft 2 and deus ex as well but I've not played them for a while.

I've not really noticed them so far on battlefield 3.. but it could be down to luck?

Screen goes blank - graphic driver crashes and recovers.

Trying to figure out the best course of action to tell if hardware or driver issue.

I plan to follow this advice:

Is there any way to test the memory alone and ensure that it's not the cause of the problems?

system:

I've got everything in an antec 1200.
    PSU is 650w corsair.
    an i5 build with 2 hdds.

card is an asus 560ti DCII (NOT the top, but it has a small overclock from the factory).

running at 1920x1200.
    Win 7 (64)

2. Shichibukai

Shichibukai Resident Nitpicker

Have you managed to fix it m8? I was getting this a lot with deus ex too never did manage to find a fix.

On steam forums they were saying you need to increase the Voltage on your gpu for some reason. My gpu hasn't got voltage control so i could never try that.

3. debs3759

debs3759 Was that a warranty I just broke?

It it's failing while the card is at factory settings, then it sounds to me like you need to RMA it. When the graphics drivers fail, it is usually because you are not supplying enough voltage for your current gpu speed settings, which means either using something like MSI Afterburner to increase the voltage a notch, or sending it back to get one that works fully with the factory overclock. The latter is (for me) the better option, as it will mean more overclocking potential if you ever decide to try that, as well as higher efficiency.

4. Sexton

Sexton Minimodder

Disable Hardware Acceleration in Firefox options. It's a known issue with recent NVIDIA drivers. It's nothing to do with your overclock.

5. Scorpuk

Scorpuk Minimodder

6. Scorpuk

Scorpuk Minimodder

I think it was something to do with either:

voltage *might be this one and I used 3rd party software to change it. Will vnc into desktop see whats installed*
    GPU memory clock speed

I had to use some software to adjust it and it stopped the problem. Was on my EVGA GTX580.

The memory is coming back. lol.

7. Sexton

Sexton Minimodder

It's only in Firefox therefore it is the hardware acceleration. That is a fact. Fiddling with voltage and clock speeds will not only be potentially the most pointless waste of precious life yet, but also bore you to tears.

Just untick that box.

Somewhat easy solution to a problem which shouldn't exist.

8. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

Yeah, problem with Firefox gpu acceleration. I haven't had a reset since 12 was pushed out though so looks like it has been fixed. I'm also on 290b drivers though.

9. K404

K404 It IS cold and it IS fast

I had a similar problem with a GTS450. I was convinced the card was dying. I did wonder about something internet related.

I downloaded Powermizer and disabled it.... and I have had zero problems since.

10. bsp

bsp Minimodder

I've not had any problems since, but then again I've only really played battlefield since.

I think it may well be a driver issue as I had a driver update pushed out before starting to play BF3.

I have been tempted to RMA it, but having been unable to reproduce the error means it'll likely get sent back to me.

No recent crashes in firefox either.

I did the RAM test using the OCC tool (or something with a similar name) and all the RAM
    seemed to be fine.

Thanks for the help all.