1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics NVIDIA drivers location after update

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Booga, 10 Jun 2012.

1. Booga

Booga Cuppa tea anyone?

It seems that with the last update of my NVIDIA drivers it dreated an new NVIDIA folder directly under my C: rather than were it was previously under the program files folder.

At least I assume this is what it has done as it created the folder on install.
    I now have NVIDIA files in the new NVIDIA folder, program files and program files (x86).
    Are these all necessary?

I am also somewhat disappointed with my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti. My previous card was a Sapphire HD4870 that I used for 2 years crash free despite some dodgy over clocking.
    My 560 is as out of the box and since install has crash on several occasions stating driver failure as the cause.

Anyone else have issues with the MSI 560?

2. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

Driver package always extract to temp folder c:/nvidia, you can delete it. Unfortunately some driver release are more prone to crash/reset than others. This latest seem to be one of them. If you having a lot of these you might go back to previous version (301.24) as it seemed to be more stable in that regard.

3. Booga

Booga Cuppa tea anyone?

Ah yes now I remember :p thanks deleted.

It isn't a recent update that is causing the crashes, it has crashed with various iterations of drivers, including the original ones.

I'll monitor it and see if there are any other factors that could be affecting it.