1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics NVIDIA GTX 275 Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by viper_bm, 16 Sep 2009.

1. viper_bm

viper_bm [BM]

Hello yesterday i wrote a post about my graphics card cause it didn't wanned to start running when I had everything done properly ( http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=174887&page=2 )
    The guys helped me a lot and I appreciate it but now I have different problem with it... :(

Basically the card goes by very good but I have a problem with some games such as
    Test Drive Unlimited & The Sims 3 also The vista tester for PC performance ... When I try to switch each one of those on the computer just goes dead and i need to turn it on i did a reinstall of the windows and it still does that :(
    Otherwise lets say if I try to play Dark Sector which is also a high graphic game there's absolutely no problem about it o.0 It goes absolutely perfectly so I hope that someone has a solution for my problem... Cheers :thumb:

2. SwiftDestiny101

SwiftDestiny101 Has a wire neatness fetish...

Gotta hand it to you, you really have some unique problems :p

Can you download real temp ( http://www.techpowerup.com/realtemp/ ) and tell us your temps when your systems bone idle, And tab out after say 15 mins of dark sector. Both your CPU and you GPU temps please.

I don't know the in's and out's of any of those games, but is Dark Sector less challenging to the system. The only connection I can see there is the Vista tester and Sims 3 are both quite system intensive...

How long into the Sims 3 does it crash? Soon as you launch the .exe, 5 mins, an hour?

3. viper_bm

viper_bm [BM]

When I try to load the program it doesn't want to start it says "Cannot identify processor" and on the older versions "The current processor is not supported" :eyebrow:

It just doesn't want to start when i start the game it shows me the animations in the begging and when they finish and the monitor blinks so it can start the actual game that is the time the machine gets turned off... Same with Vista tester - when I start it the first two blinking are fine and on the third the machine gets turned off...

OMG I've probably got the most ridiculous problems in the history of PC usage, even I cant believe it ... :lol::lol::lol:

4. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

is the card a factory overclocked card? if it is i would advise downloading rivatuner and underclocking it to stock speeds, and see if that helps.

EDIT : As for temp monitoring you could try HWMonitor

5. viper_bm

viper_bm [BM]

I really have no idea m8 i took the "NVIDIA GTX 275 Sparkle" from overclockers.co.uk so I assume it might be...

Would you mind just giving me a little tip what do you mean with "under clocking" it with that program cause if I have to be hones I'm a bit newbie in the overclocking sphere...

6. SwiftDestiny101

SwiftDestiny101 Has a wire neatness fetish...

Apologies, after reading the blurb it appears real temp is only for Intel. Use this instead ( http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/ )

Does the Sims have a DX10 mode, and if so is that what your using to launch it. There must be a commonality between Test Drive & Sims, and some kind of difference to Dark Sector, if we can work that out we're on the way to a solution.

Without having/knowing the games I cant be sure, but maybe its a DX10 bug. I just tried to run the performance tester on mine but I think the Win7 one does different tests to the Vista one.

If someone else could jump in a tell us the name of the third vista test?

7. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

from looking at the specs on overclockers your card is running only slightly higher speeds,

stock GTX 275s run at
    - Core Clock: 633MHz
    - Memory Clock: 2268MHz (Effective)
    - Shader Clock: 1404MHz

Yours are
    - Core Clock: 648MHz
    - Memory Clock: 2304MHz (Effective)
    - Shader Clock: 1440MHz

What i meant was underclocking your card to the stock clocks, it may be that your card isnt capable of the overclocked speeds, in which case it wants sending back. They're hardly a massive increase though so that might be a long shot.

8. viper_bm

viper_bm [BM]

Lol even that game Dark Sector switches the computer from time to time i'm wondering what that might be at the momment i'm checking the DX...