1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Nvidia notebook drivers now available directly

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 18 Dec 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

Good, when I had a laptop with an AMD graphics card, I can remember all kinds of issue with Acer never releasing drivers.

3. Tyrmot

Tyrmot Minimodder

Good for them

4. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

about time i think it was the OEM company's that did not want drivers to install from the driver makers in the first place whats lame realy as some games will not work on nvidia m GPUs if it was not updated and laptop makers Never update there video drivers

being an owner of an ATI Mobility Radeon or an Nvidia M chip can realy suck (all we need now is ATI to do it)

5. dylAndroid

dylAndroid is human?

That's great to hear. I'm stuck with Dell not releasing notebook drivers for my ATI Mobility Radeon.

I hope that this strategic thinking about the shift towards laptop-only use will lead to the creation of a new species of laptop - one that can fit full strength desktop graphics cards, and run at full power, sacrificing the battery power and casual mobility in trade. There is a market for it, and I'm in it.

6. reflux

reflux What's a Dremel?

7. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Why don't they currently work with Vostro's I wonder? Any specific reason?

8. HellRazor

HellRazor What's a Dremel?

Yet, I still can't get updated drivers for my GO 7600.... maybe they'll add it in sometime.

9. willyolio

willyolio What's a Dremel?

about time. i've never had trouble finding ATI drivers. nVidia, on the other hand...

it's a no-brainer they should have had from the beginning. now, about that "card-renaming" scam that you keep trying to pull, nvidia...

10. WildTangent

WildTangent What's a Dremel?

Yup, looks like I'm left out in the cold too. Oh well, time to upgrade this POS anyway, it's getting long in the tooth.

11. Gazbaby

Gazbaby What's a Dremel?

Hmm, got an HP (Compaq) 8510w with a QuadroFX 570M which should be coverered but HP kindly tell you its not supported when you try to install. Nice one NVidia! You could have let us know you don't support HP as well when checking for supported manufacturers!

Tags: Add Tags