1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs Nvidia's Hybrid SLI technology no longer matters

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 26 Feb 2009.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

well, GT200 have a very lower idle power consumption. so for desktops, it is indeed redundant.

but for laptops, Hybrid power modes are really useful (if you don't need to log-off and log-on again, Macbook Pro) and should be implemented on all notebooks.

3. alastor

alastor Minimodder

If I could throw something like an HD4350 in to my system to power Vista Aero while my 4870 takes a break I'd be all for it, it did seem to have a lot of promise.

Loving the Soundstorm song by the way :D

4. alpaca

alpaca llama eats dremel

i do agree with you about the HD4350 throwing, but i do not about the song...

5. ZERO <ibis>

ZERO <ibis> Minimodder

Yea, I really hope this tech is in my next laptop so that I can get high performance in games and long battery life when I am not.

6. CowBlazed

CowBlazed What's a Dremel?

Maybe if they made it open to other IGPs, as it stands the people that have nvidia chipsets and "new" (renamed) cards don't care much for Hybrid SLI.

Asus has a netbook that can switch between its GMA 950 and Geforce 9300M called the N10 AJ version (some only include GMA950) though it requires a restart. Proof that it is possible to implement with other chipsets.

Tags: Add Tags