1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Form Factor NZXT Rogue Ultimate Gaming SFF Chassis

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by icutebluezone, 24 Jun 2008.

1. icutebluezone

icutebluezone The meaning of life is to MOD

Hi nerds, modders, PC lovers and all you others. :)

Ok Im looking at the NZXT Rogue Ultimate Gaming SFF Chassis for my new project Wanting to build a smaller PC them my Lian Li PC-V2100 plus 2 monster.

Will not be cutting or modding the case more just really good hardware and silent fans and maybe couple CCFL or LEDs inside.

Wanting the pc for Photoshop CS3 Extended, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom, Microsoft Expression Web studio and video encoding and also watching movies listening to music and going on !!!BIT-TECH!!! Oh allmost forgot and games now and then.

Want small and if need to go to LAN's or take PC to work. And want solid. :)

Case: NZXT Rogue SFF Gaming Chassis. http://www.nzxt.com/products/rogue/

Pictures of case. I would get black/blue.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Need help on hardware like a mobo and ram and cpu and grahics card.

Quad Core or daul core?

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Budget?

3. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

if your heading for photoshop CS3, then maybe vista 64-bit and a Q6600 would speed things up, also help a bundle in video encoding.

of course not forgetting 4GB of memory :)

graphics wise a ATI 4850 is most likely the best choice right now, massive amount of performance for your money!

4. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

That is a damned fine lookin' case, that :hip:

As for hardware suggestions: As suggested, we need to know how much you've got to spend, before we can come up with specific recommendations.

In the meantime however, two Intel motherboards you might want to consider, are the Asus P5K-VM motherboard (£55 - £60), or the Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2R (£65 - £70) :idea:

Asus P5K-VM (main) specs:

It supports Intel's 45nm CPU's (requires a BIOS update)
    It has an on-board Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3100... but it also has a PCI-E x16 2.0 slot for dedicated graphics cards.
    It has on-board Realtek 8-channel HD Audio (ALC 883).
    4x SATA II ports, and a JMicron® JMB368 PATA and SATA controller.
    12x USB 2.0 ports (6 internal/6 back panel).
    2x IEEE 1394a ports (1 internal/1 on back panel).

Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2 (main) specs:

Supports Intel Core 2 multi-core and 45nm CPU's (Core2 Extreme/ Core2 Quad / Core2 Duo / Intel Pentium Extreme)
    Virtual Dual BIOS
    Integrated Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 3100 (Intel GMA 3100) + PCI-E 2.0 x16 slot
    DVI/HDMI with HDCP (back plate also includes SPDIF out, and eSATA port) :clap:
    Integrated Realtek 8-Channel HD audio (ALC889A)
    Gigabit Ethernet

Alternatively... if you fancy going the AMD route, then the Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H is a cracking little board (I've got one meself. £55 - £60) :rock:

Main specs:

Windows Vista Premium Logo Certified
    AMD 780G Chipset (supports AM2 Athlon 64/AMD AM2+ Phenom CPU's)
    Integrated ATI Radeon HD3200-based graphics (DirectX 10) + PCI-E 2.0 x16 slot with ATI Hybrid CrossFireX support.
    Integrated HDMI/DVI interface with HDCP support (Full HD/1080p - via HDMI 1.3) :clap:
    7.1 channel HD Audio (ALC889A) - with DTS Connect and Blu-Ray/HD DVD full rate audio support
    Gigabit LAN

Food for thought :idea: :D

5. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

For the crazy, you could take a look at craigbru's "Project Rogue" in the project logs forum.
    He's shoehorned a full watercooled atx setup into this very case!

6. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

Edited your post...

:thumb:

7. icutebluezone

Yeh had a look at the project log of one on here was cool.

Budget is $3000 NZ $$ as wanting a system thats going to last years and be upgradable in years to come and powerful.

Going to look on net tonight on hardware after work. Its a nice looking case. :) read its not really a SFF case. :)

8. OtakuHawk

OtakuHawk What's a Dremel?

the Rogue is probably THE best micro ATX case on the market right now in terms of cooling and space. no, not REALLY SFF, but an excellent compromise. everything you need, nothing you don't.

9. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

I'll put in my vote for the ASUS P5K-VM. Solid board that has been running 24/7 and folding since it was set up a couple months ago. The cpu is a C2D E4600 with 2gb Corsair ram, a Corsair HX520w PSU and an eVGA 7600 GS video card in the Intel V300 mini cube case. It's an alternate machine, so not pushed quite as hard as yours would be, but it has been solid as a rock since set up and never needs a reboot.

And yes, the Rogue is a very sharp looking case!

10. icutebluezone

Yeh best one i have found so far and looks better them the plastic space looking cases. :p

Searching net for hardware will post a liste to see what you all think.

11. icutebluezone

Ok I have to say NZ / Zealand sucks. All shops over here have just about the same stuff and not a lot. Wish we had all the US parts and cases.

Only 1 shop thats got the NZXT Rogue Ultimate Gaming SFF Chassis in NZ says its in stock. So waiting for a email reply to see if its in stock. I emailed shops in AUS / Australia and could not find any that ship to NZ that had the case. So looks like i have to see if this shop has them if not. DAMN PAIN IN THE ASS. :(

Here is a photo i found of the size of the case. SFF I DONT THINK SO LOL LOOK AT THE SIZE of the sucker.
    [​IMG]

!!! BLOODY SPAN I HATE THEM PEOPLE !!!

12. icutebluezone

GOOD NEWS PEOPLE I GOT THE LAST ONE IN NZ. :)

Will take sum photos of it when i get home and post sum. :) Im very happy. :) VERY HAPPY. :p

Black with red reds and led fan.

13. Oreon_237

Oreon_237 CHEA BRO!

WTF? where'd you find a stockist from in NZ?

14. icutebluezone

DragonPC. MAHAHAHA no more there now and thay have removed it off there website today. I was talking to them and thay are contacting there importer and going to try get more of them. I want another 1 now that i have 1 and looked at it its soooooo sexy and nicely made. The LAN strap thing is a bit strange but i didnt want that lol I wanted the case. :) $249 Thay had it for.

15. icutebluezone

Photo time. The little dots are dust. Only bad thing with black is it shows finger marks and dust very bad. But camera shows it up lots.

Warning I wouldnt call it a SFF if your after a SFF dont buy this its big and its 9.2kg's empty so when you full it up i would hate to try take it places. :)

The size of the box. :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Screws and parts PSU adaptor for long PSU units.
    [​IMG]

User manual and key there are 2 keys i put one on my key ring.
    [​IMG]

The case.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Love the buttons on this case.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Drive bays have rubber in them.
    [​IMG]

Cables will be sleeved.
    [​IMG]

Rear fan red leds in it.
    [​IMG]

Door open.
    [​IMG]

Logo
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think the top panel on the case is the thinest part of the case its about 1mm.

Going to order sum parts like fans and grills this week to start off. The stock fans are being removed.

16. icutebluezone

Just ordered 5 Black Yate Loon 120mm high speed fans 4 more black 120mm stock grills like the one on the back of the case. Thay will go on the inside of case on fans and still got to order a nice grill to go on the back of case.

Going to to the pc as black as with red lights. :)

Couple more photos.

Stock fans and filters removed.
    [​IMG]

Mobo tray removed.
    [​IMG]

17. icutebluezone

Ok just looked in the user manual.

Motherboard Compatibility: MICRO ATX
    Expansion Slots: 4
    Support for high end 11.5” video expansion cards
    Supports ATX PSU and expands for larger PSU over 700W

Emailed PC parts shop to see what setup thay say i can get for $2800 will post the specs here.

Whats the best Micro ATX board out at moment?

DVD writer
    Will have 3x500gb HDD's and 1 smaller HDD for windows say sumthing like a 80gb

Last edited: 28 Jun 2008
  18. icutebluezone

I seen on the PSU bracket that it looks like sumone has installed a Power supply as there is a little paint chipped off were screws go.
    [​IMG]

Also after removing the mobo tray on the back of it there are little marks on it.

This is the strap to put on the case to take it places. Black and pretty boring thay could have but a nice NZXT logo on the flat side part.
    [​IMG]

Back of case with parts removed.
    [​IMG]

Front of case with front panel removed.
    [​IMG]

All panels off.
    [​IMG]

Stock PSU bracket.
    [​IMG]

Bracket with power and restart buttons. There are 2 xtra holes in it looks like thay have but them there for the power and HDD leds 5mm ones but didnt use them.
    [​IMG]

Front panel. As you can see the HDD led in the top left corner
    [​IMG]

Front panel wires removed. There are long rods on the front panel dont no what thay are for only thing i can think of is to line the front panel up onto the case.
    [​IMG]

All front panel cables.
    [​IMG]

Top panel window. Strange way to hold a window in put it works.
    [​IMG]

Side panels off.
    [​IMG]

couple of the edges on the case a not lined up very good like 1 to 2.5mm out. but overall i would give the case a 8 out of 10. maybe its because i have a LIAN LI V2100 plus 2 and its so perfect and any other case i get or see its not a LIAN LI. :) have to say this case to solid as.

Last edited: 29 Jun 2008
  19. icutebluezone

Box turned up today. :) MY FANS AND GRILLS.

5x Yate Loon 120mm Case Fan – High Speed, closed corners

Specs of them are:
    Model: D12SH-12
    Dimensions: 120x120x25mm
    Rated Voltage: 12 Volts
    Operation Voltage: 6.5~13.8 Volts
    Input current: 0.30 Amp Max
    Operation temperature: -10 to +65 C
    Storage temperature: -40 to +70 C
    RPM: 2200 +/- 10%
    CFM: 88
    dB: 40
    Corners: Closed

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4x AC Ryan FanGrill Classic 120mm Black for on the inside of the case on the fans.
    [​IMG]

Still got to get a nice grill for on the outside on the back fan.

20. pizan

pizan that's n00b-tastic

This is my rogue set-up i got a few months back
    Motherboard: ASUS P5E-VM HDMI LGA 775 Intel G35 HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor

RAM: OCZ 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory

For the Video Card i would recommend an Ati 4850 if you want single slot or 4870 for dual slot. The video card i bought was a Palit 9600GT Sonic, i liked because of all the connectors, this is mostly used as a HTPC build.

I got lucky with the motherboard because it already had Bios v4, which is needed for it to recognize a 45nm CPU.

Tags: