1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Obsidian's The Outer Worlds

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Gareth Halfacree, 7 Dec 2018 at 08:51.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Staff Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Last edited: 7 Dec 2018 at 11:44
  2. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Looks interesting

3. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

So it's Fallout+Rage+No Man's Sky, but made by Obsidian?

Yeah, count me in.

4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Staff Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I doubt - though I'm willing to be proven wrong - that it'll no Norman's Sky-esque: I'm thinking the cross-planet travel will be limited to cutscenes as you progress through the game, kinda like how you unlock additional areas in Grand Theft Auto games. So, it's Fallout meets Rage with a Borderlands twist by the people who made Real Fallout and the company that made The Halfway Decent 3D "Fallout".

5. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Well-Known Member

Looks more Fallout-ey than the last Fallout, that's for sure.

I just hope Obsidian don't balls it up, either with a botched release or with an advertising campaign that makes it look like more than it is. If it's just a really good RPG that will be plenty, no need to pretend it's Star Citizen meets Firefly meets Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

I also expect space travel to be more Mass Effect-ish than Elite Dangerous, look at a map, move your ship to here, game does the rest. Maybe some kind of space combat mini games will pop up.

Edit: Anyone else think that 'from the original creators of Fallout' bit couldn't be a more perfectly timed dig at Bethesda?

6. adidan

adidan Avatar is in season. See it while stocks last.

Been following this and, well after BGS complete meltdown recently with FO76 and the subsequent bugs, poor communication and leaking of user data at least this has given me a little hope.

It's nice to feel a bit positive, the BGS fiasco is just saddening.

Edit: Yeah, seen a bit more. Very interested so long as it's very open worldy and we get mod support :)

Last edited: 7 Dec 2018 at 13:17
  7. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

This and the new Far Cry have made up for this year being so poor for games (for me, I'm not a fan of Westerns).

I really hope this socks it to Fallout 76, and makes up for Obsidian getting nozzled over FONV. I must say Obsidian and UBI definitely chose their moments to unveil these two games. "Hey do you like Fallout games? are you really annoyed at Bethesda for being so crap? then look no further !" :D

8. adidan

adidan Avatar is in season. See it while stocks last.

No planned mod support as it's not a 'triple A budget game'. :(

Hopefully this doesn't prevent modding it's just they're not planning on actively supporting it.

Not sure how the modding wizards do their thing tbh. I guess they just need to be able to do it rather than have active support.