1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ocing noob..

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ab$olut, 10 Mar 2006.

1. Ab$olut

Ab$olut What's a Dremel?

Hey guys I recently purchased a new cooling setup like the xclio2 and a artic freezer 64 pro I did a little ocing in the past with my old skt a but that was just with fsb all these different new features confuse me with 64bit can anyone give me a simple order on what should you start on like ht bus but then what? Also any calculations you have to do like this x this to get this Ghz would help thanks.

Another question is memory dependend on a good clock on your cpu? if so anyone recommend a good 2gb kit(£140max) I also heard these 3000+ venices can get to a good 2.7Ghz with good cooling and memory.

My setup

3000+ venice
    768mb mixed unmached ram but same speed (pc3200)
    asus A8V-E SE
    400w silverpower psu

2. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

There have been a large number of overclocking threads recently, most notably this one along with this and this.

They should be comprehensive enough to guide you through the process, although BIOS settings may vary. Unfortunately, however, your motherboard isn't exactly a great overclocker and you shouldn't expect a lot from it. If you want to hit higher speeds, get a cheapish nForce4 motherboard such as an Abit AN8 or Asus A8N-E.

3. Ab$olut

Ab$olut What's a Dremel?

thanks alot hitman I know there aint been much on my board as far as ocing goes well not when I searched so it might or might not be a good clocker