1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News OCZ readies 1333MHz LL DDR3 & Firefly

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 6 Jun 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Wonder how much it's gonna cost ya to get some DDR3..

The Firefly drive.. I was thinking about a firewire thumb drive couple months back and how it'd be much faster then a USB2.0 drive and was wondering why there were none on the mark.. sigh.

3. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Yeah, there are occasions when a Firewire flash drive would be useful. The only issue would be 6-pin or 4-pin? (I've got 6-pin Firewire on my desktop, but only 4-pin on my laptop...)

4. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

True Paradigm, how many people even OWN a rig that has Firewire? Not many. Luckily I have one on the back of my SB Audigy 2, but if it weren't for that I wouldn't have one. Also the 4-pin/6-pin thing is something to also take into account. Because my 3 year old rig still has 4 USB 2.0 slots on it, I would take a USB 2.0 thumb drive over a Firewire anyday just because of the compatibility issues I would probably run into just with friends rigs and my work computer...still a good idea though for that niche market that would want something faster.

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I'd have thought many people own a rig with Firewire. Most laptops have it, as does any half decent motherboard in the last few years.

Tags: Add Tags