1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official CPC & Bit-Tech Chimps Challenge 2011 Thread

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by coolamasta, 2 Feb 2011.

1. ArthurBuse

ArthurBuse CustomBitChimps member

No, that is why Hardware Canucks are doing so well. At the moment we are in fourth place. If you just look at folding points, we would be in third place.

2am BST
    We are still in fourth place in the Chimp Challenge. That we have the third highest folding points total is amazing. Well done everyone.

If some of our big folders think the Chimp Challenge is a silly waste of points, that is their business. I don't think it would help to antagonise them.

3am BST
    No change in our position.

--
    Get a total stranger drunk then make her laptop fold for CustomBitChimps.

Last edited: 8 May 2011
  2. One_Box

One_Box Folder of the month April 2012

Whats worse, 7 of our regular top 20 haven't joined including some regular forum contributors - I wonder why :sigh:

3. standinwave

standinwave Folding in memory of my mum

I dunno if I was one of those mentioned, but I am working away in the week and cannot access the hardware plus I didn't really understand wtf this Challenge was :blush:

4. Taffy

Taffy Folding for Margaret 17/3/2011 RIP

Hi standinwave, You do not Have to Join us but we would be most grateful if you did, the Chimps challenge is a competition amongst the top folding teams to give us, in effect, a goal to help us see some results of our folding. as you fold for your Mum, and I fold for Margaret, my partner who has just succombed to the dreaded C, if you would like to join please PM coolamasta who will give you the chimp challenge passkey, and many thanks for your contrbution to folding in any case. regards Taffy

5. ArthurBuse

10 am BST
    Wow, we are still in 4th place in the CC. Still 3rd in folding points, which is amazing. I hope you are enjoying the CC.

3 pm BST
    We are still in 4th place in the CC. Now 4th in folding points, TSC!Russia now have more folding points than us.

6. BJS

BJS What's a Dremel?

Sorry to hear about the loss of your loved ones. I lost my Mum last September, also to the dreaded C. Folding becomes more personal after something like that.

7. BJS

BJS What's a Dremel?

That's great news. Hopefully a few more people from the top 20 will be able to chip in and help keep us there.

Definitely enjoying the challenge. I couldn't take part last year because my one and only folding capable pc had big time hardware issues. It's sods law, just before the challenge was about to start.:wallbash:

8. One_Box

One_Box Folder of the month April 2012

Yes indeed, lots of my close family have or are suffering from the big C including Yours Truely so it is extremely personal I'm afraid.

9. jondi_hanluc

jondi_hanluc Retired Folder

This person is still going http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=556841 has dropped 3 bigadvs with no bonus, good machine too, turnaround seems to be about a day.

10. standinwave

standinwave Folding in memory of my mum

Thanks Taffy, I feel such a numpty not realising what it was! I'll PM coola for passkey if I am not too late :blush:

11. coolamasta

coolamasta Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

EVERYONE - PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK YOUR HFM OR FAHMON, SOMEONE HAS THE USERNAME WRONG AS ABOVE AND WE DON'T WANT TO CHUCK VALUABLE POINTS AWAY

No worries mate, just PM'd you the key, still a good 7 days left to help so many thanks for joining in :thumb:

12. coolamasta

Also FYI all - we were on the edge of getting accused for priming WU's at the start of the race when we had a lot of points drop, I have assured them that we didn't and we wouldn't as we are all about being fair on this team.

It is a very annoying that people have been saying we primed and then pre-maturely dropped the points 2 hours before the official kick off time as we got it wrong (haha) but that is such a load of rubbish. It was just bad luck that so many came in before the start and is prob mostly down to so many of us swapping over a day+ early or the stats backing up a but, either way I explained I am happy for anyone to check with Stanford on our CustomBitChimps Log files that we didn't pause/prime any WU's prior to the start. :sigh:

Also FYI the big question about HWC and NCIX joining up putting them way out in front has been raised but will let you all know what happens, something needs to be done though as they said only a few were helping from NCIX so we (the captains) specifically didn't combine the 2 teams but now it seems like a good 3rd+ of there points is coming from NCIX...

13. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I find it ridiculous that we are getting accused of priming WUs when we have consistently been the most morally sound team in this thing since we were invited to compete a few years ago... The notion that we would actually pause and prime bigadv units is just unbelievable. My bigadv clients started the race almost 14 hours late because they were finishing up units for another username.

Also if you look at the history of the challenge, you have EVGA offering monetary prizes to people who will fold for their chimp, OCN with barnettworks, who is capable of outproducing entire teams with just half of his hardware and now apparently HWC getting help from other teams. Is it just me or are we the last team that should be getting accused of cheating/unsporting behaviour?!

If OCN get help from barnettworks this year halfway through I think they should be disqualified. They have all been saying that James (zz9pzza) has been folding for us this year despite us openly discussing that he would not be participating to keep it fair and us also assuring them several times that the large SMP drops were coming from our dedicated folders only and had nothing to do with him.

Sigh tbh. Just, sigh :sigh:

14. TaRkA DaHl

TaRkA DaHl Modder

If it was james I think it would be a bit more obvious... his PPD is mental compared to everyone else.

15. ArthurBuse

As far as I can see from a quick look, both clamatowas and barnettworks seem to have given up folding ages ago. They were giants in their day. It is hard to tell with all the Standford point changes, but I get the impression zz9ppza could beat them both, so ha ha ha to the bogey men.

4pm BST
    Oh, we are suddenly down to 6th place in the Challenge. Both EVGA and the Australians have just overtaken us.

16. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

as of the 10am PDT update we're back up to 4th

17. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

Indeed we are, lets stay there too!

18. phoenicis

phoenicis Retired Chimp

After a severe points drought, the much anticipated downpour of bigadv poo on the competition from the CBChimps has commenced. This particular do-do flinger has another half mil of the stuff landing over the next six hours.

19. james_

james_ What's a Dremel?

I have not produced any points for the chimps and I will not do so in the future, I have not done any points this weekend as I have a date for the hardware being fixed and I am finishing off some systems scripts and don't want to disturb them this weekend.

20. coolamasta

Thank you for your post James, glad you did just in case "people" suddenly decide that you took part and that's why we are having big point drops, hope you get all your hardware sorted mate but feel free to pop in any time and do some more awesome folding for us :)