1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official CPC & Bit-Tech Chimps Challenge 2011 Thread

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by coolamasta, 2 Feb 2011.

1. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

add me down :) Votick

2. NickCPC

NickCPC Minimodder

Can we have a reminder on the B-T front page with, say, a couple of day's warning? If we do I'll endeavour to try and help out (if my housemates don't kill me for burning through electricity!).

Also, it's been like a couple of years since I folded - could someone also post a super-quick guide on how to get the max points out of an overclocked SB "K" on Win7? I hear you can get silly PPD, like >20k, with the right WUs and config...

coolamasta likes this.
  3. Christopher N. Lew

Christopher N. Lew Folding in memory of my father

SMP client, running 24/7, with -bigadv flag, bonus scheme enabled [you'll need a passkey, and to complete 10 SMP A3 units {need not be -bigadv units}, and to complete 80% of the units you are assigned, before the bonus kicks in. There doesn't seem to be a way of detecting if you have achieved all these except by looking at the points you get for each WU returned].

NickCPC likes this.
  4. coolamasta

coolamasta Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

Should have the rules by the end of the week, few changes but should still be good :)

5. G0UDG

G0UDG helping others costs nothing

Yep Im up for it but need help setting up the client on my 980x had to format the hdd after problems so have re downloaded it but have little knowlege of how to configure it correctly,Ive checked out the help section on the fah site but my short term memeory isnt that good due to disability grrrrr. Im whilling to allow any help via remote access

coolamasta likes this.
  6. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

Just got my coolers for my dual opteron system. Am endeavouring to order an nvidia card soonish too. I'm still in!

7. Christopher N. Lew

Christopher N. Lew Folding in memory of my father

Don't use the Help section - use the official instructions. They are here, or you can get them by clicking on the book icon on the download page. Print them out and read them through a couple of times before you start. Tick the items as you do each one.

8. G0UDG

cheers matey obvious really isnt it not rocket science you'd think it was though with me what a wally me that is not you:lol::duh:

9. coolamasta

10. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Awesome, the new point system should make it the closest and most competitive CC to date! I don't know about the rest of you but I'm going to throw everything I've got at it this year! :D

11. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Understand them, don't know if its good or bad don't care, like uni Im gonna make a big effort this year.

12. G0UDG

I take it I have to put custom bit chimps were i usually put 35947 hoping to up my production as just installed an msi gtx580 lighting gpu not sure what ppd that will produce hopefully enough for the team to win my pc isnt folding 24/7 so wont get the higher ppd of some it will be folding about 12 hours a day though

13. Taffy

Taffy Folding for Margaret 17/3/2011 RIP

OOps I think thats wrong !! You put Custombitchimps where you put your own Moniker and leave 35947 alone, you also change the passkey to the Custom bit chimps one, correct me if I am wrong captain Coolamasta :thumb:

14. G0UDG

Roger that matey Ive not configured it yet was just making sure i get the correct config info and where to place it in gpu3 client config tnx

15. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

(heres hoping zz9pzza will make an appearance ;) )

16. javaman

Afterall, he has seriously kicked our averages in the teeth over the last few months meaning 1point is much higher :laugh:

17. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

I believe the averages were taken in a period that ended before he started folding for us?

18. coolamasta

Nice one Matt, will be a VERY interesting race this year :D

Thanks bud, the more the better :thumb:

You need to put "CustomBitChimps" exactly the same as I put here as the name and team says the same as 35947, I will put up a quick how-to guide and sort out the passkey in time for the challenge :thumb:

Spot on Taff :thumb:

There could be an issue here as hes not been included in our 5 month average PPD, its been flagged on the CC forum as hes producing silly high amounts of points, need to find out more about this and will report back...

19. javaman

*crosses fingers and toes*

20. Taffy

Taffy Folding for Margaret 17/3/2011 RIP

Coolamasta, I still have last years passkey if you want it ? :D