1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other On your CV...

Discussion in 'General' started by Matticus, 14 Sep 2010.

1. ralph.pickering

ralph.pickering What's a Dremel?

If you've got a degree they're pretty much irrelevant, and having too much space on your CV taken up by out of date and trivial information doesn't send a good message about who you are. You have 2 pages to sell yourself, and it what's on the first 1/3rd of the first page doesn't grab the reader's attention, it's going in the bin.

It can be worth paying a pro to write your CV - they know how recruiters work. I used Bill from CV Masterclass, and although it wasn't cheap I feel it was worth the money. You only have to go up an increment in salary to make it pay for itself.

2. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Pretty much it's only your most recent qualification that counts, unless you're specifically trying to show something.

3. memeroot

memeroot aged and experianced

dates , school name 5 A Levels, 9 GCSE’s

thats all I have down...

but then again its all about filling the space - I probably listed them when I was 16

4. okenobi

okenobi What's a Dremel?

That's highly unlikely to be true. You just need to think harder about what you can include.

5. sleepygamer

sleepygamer More Metal Than Thou

After my GCSEs, I went to music college for two years. I got a foundation thing which is on my CV.

After that I have mostly bummed around. :p

I nearly got an awesome job, but oh well.