1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks Onboard LAN on P4P800-SE

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by duggyb, 12 Mar 2005.

1. duggyb

duggyb What's a Dremel?

i cant seem to get the onboard LAn working on this board...the driver CD didnt have anything so i downloaded the Marvell LAN driver from the ASUS website and installed it but it still doesnt work

anyone know why>?

THNX
    Duggy :dremel:

2. djtitan

djtitan What's a Dremel?

Check you BIOS and make sure that you have the LAN enabled. Otherwise, try re-installing the drivers direct from the ASUS website.

3. nick01

nick01 What's a Dremel?

Is the LAN cable plugged in? :D That's what the IT professional at the help desk asked me first in a similar situation. She wasn't that far off. Someone had stepped on the connector while it was unplugged and it didn't seat properly any more.

4. duggyb

duggyb What's a Dremel?

yes i checked bios and it is enabled...yeah my cable is also plugged in but i dont get any lights even at all

any other ideas?

THNX

5. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

Is the cable OK?
    Sometimes ive had a dodgy cat5 cable that hasnt been crimped properly, and so the lan doesnt work.

6. duggyb

duggyb What's a Dremel?

no the cable is good becuase i am using it in a PCI network card and i am on the computer now...i just cant seem to get the onboard working

THNX

7. Haddy

Haddy World Domination

Have you used the port recently? Could be doa...

Also check the cable in another computer if possible to double check that the cable / router (assuming thats what its pluged into) works as well..

8. Yo-DUH_87

Yo-DUH_87 Who you calling tiny?

Kind of a late reply but my mobo(p4p800 Deluxe) has been having similar problems, the onboard LAN just stopped working.

I think the chip fried itself :( It will not recognise the ASUS driver, nor any other driver I've thrown at it.

I'd reccomend RMA, if you can manage it. My board will be going in the minute I upgrade to something newer (more than likely will be awhile before that happens :wallbash: ).

Tags: