1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Online games make serious money

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by GreatOldOne, 19 Jan 2004.

1. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

If they're making money like this, expect to see an explosion in online only games as the suits start rubbing their hands together. This from the Beeb:

Multiplayer game worlds such as EverQuest and The Sims Online look set to generate more than $1bn for the first time in 2004.

According to a report from market analysts, The Themis Group, massive multiplayer games will generate $1.3bn over the next 12 months.

The bulk of this will come from subscriptions but a growing proportion will be generated by the sale of virtual property and in-game items.

The analyst group expects the revenues generated by games to grow to more than $4bn by 2008.

Full story here

And in related news, it's come to light that Norrath has a higher GNP than Bulgaria... :lol:

2. Wolfe

Wolfe What's a Dremel?

It just goes to show that some people are apparently *Very* lonely. :) :hehe:

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Subscription gaming pisses me off.

If i pay £35 for a game i dont want to then pay another £10-15 a MONTH to play it online. Tbh it would have to be bloody addictive to get me paying that.

4. Kargin

Kargin Overdose . . .

Have you already forgotten about the guy afixiated on the gases of his own feces?

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Cause he couldnt leave his computer to go to the toilet?

That's disgusting..

6. Kargin

Kargin Overdose . . .

Yeah. Gettign up from his seat took to much away from his EverCrack time, so he just went where he sat, and a few weeks later neighbours complained of a smell, and upon entering, the cops had to remove the dead body from amoung litterally piles of feces and pools of urine. The smell built up in teh small room to a point where he affixiated on the stench.

I really hate people who abondon family, friends, toilet use, etc for a bloody game. Save people the pain of having to deal with your being an ******* and just hang yourself. Save yourself a lot of money too.

Tags: Add Tags