1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disaster Ooowww!!! Thats Hot!! (with pics)

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Sea Shadow, 11 Oct 2004.

1. Sea Shadow

Sea Shadow aka "Panda"

Well earlier tonight I was bored and so I went to my little workshop in the basement to do some soldering... er desoldering (didnt have anything to solder together so procedded to desolder an old floppy drive). Well all it took was a second of distraction :wallbash: and *PSHHH* I had the wonderful sensation of a 675 degree (F) soldering iron making its mark on my middle finger on my left hand :waah: By the time I realized this and dropped the soldering iron and what I had been taking apart I had to nice little white spots of ash on my finger :grr:

I promptly put the iron back in the stand and ran upstairs to get the camera (hey in the spirit of disaster modding :hehe: ) After I snapped a few pics I ran to get some ice for my damaged member. The burns weren't really that serious, they were just 2 small spots of ash. Now the ash has come off and now i have 2 little shiny divots in my skin.

Pics will be up tomorrow since I am too lazy to put them up tonight. And when they do go up please forgive me as it was my dads camera and I have no clue how to work it.

Last edited: 12 Oct 2004
  2. Mace

Mace Ohh, it stings.

Heh... sounds fun... I'll be anxious to see those pics :p

Anyways, I was just bored so I took a picture of my fingerprint and cropped it to this:

http://mace.ws/fingerprint.jpg

It's scary to see how dirty it looks but as a matter of fact I just washed my hands o_O;

3. epidemik

epidemik What's a Dremel?

owch. : :baby:

4. xen0morph

xen0morph Bargain wine connoisseur

I managed to make a nice big strip of melted flesh accross one of the fingers of my left hand last night while trying to do a self-branding.

Try and get my fingerprints now, ****ers :hehe:

5. ¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ?

¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ? What's a Dremel?

lol @ xen0morph and Mace, i did the same thing a while ago, except on my right hand pinky, goodness it hurt so much for a long time, but then again i was too preoccupided to run cold water over it or put ice on, oh well i'm good now, little harm done and i'm not dead yet............

6. Sea Shadow

Sea Shadow aka "Panda"

Well here are the pics:
    Please forgive the blurryness, as this was my dads camera and I had no idea how to work it.
    The first picture is pretty bad but you can still tell that my fingertip isnt entirely normal :duh:
    [​IMG]
    The other pic was taken after all the ash had come off (though the place where I got burned was slightly white. And yes I had finally figured out how to get the dang thing to work lol.
    [​IMG]
    And yes I did have an accident with an X-acto knife involving my left finger about a week back :wallbash:
    Modding can be hazardous to your health, yet so addicting.

And xenomorph I can only imagine how much that one hurt :jawdrop: my slight burning is nothing compared to what you must have gone through OUCH!

7. Un_Trained

Un_Trained What's a Dremel?

That musta hurt bigtime.. Thanks for the warning. Im not gonna get distracted when soldering again....

8. ShockSonic

ShockSonic What's a Dremel?

Lol I've sliced off a good chunk of meat from my finger with a razor blade. It grew back though, so its all good ! :naughty:

9. Cereal

Cereal What's a Dremel?

ahh...the good old days...boy scout camp......widdling merit badge......

oh look mah, half of my finger is on the blade!!!! is that a bone?

..... :sigh: the :confused: good :confused: old days? :sigh:

10. kbn

kbn What's a Dremel?

A fun way to burn yourself is to heat up hot glue, with a lighter, untill it is fully melted and starts to light itself... then stab it in your arm :D

I have a 20mm burn mark from that. When it was still a blister, it bubbled out by about 7mm. At first it hurt, a lot, but after about 5 seconds it didnt hurt atall, not one bit, so I think I killed the nerve thingy in that area of skin...

Ive got 3 more small burn marks from hot glue, these were accidental ones though, and so hurt a lot more :( Not a good idea to hot glue stuff, with a lighter, when theres on 20mm left of the glue stick... at first you think itll be fine... its not to short, but you dont relise its going to drip all over your hands!!!

11. Mace

Mace Ohh, it stings.

Burnind yourself on purpose? ... Did your parents drop you on the head one too many times as a child?

12. ShockSonic

Some people have strange ways of amusing themselves. I've seen someone run full speed into a wall just for fun. several times in a row.

13. ConKbot of Doom

ConKbot of Doom Minimodder

Get video of it next time :D :hehe:

I've lucked out, as most of my knife and soldering iron injuries havn't left permanent marks.

14. Mace

Mace Ohh, it stings.

Speaking of permanent injuries... I still have two marks from a camera capacitor discharging on my neck (friend thought it would be funny to see what happened ....it knocked me out cold for about 2 minutes)

15. Sea Shadow

Sea Shadow aka "Panda"

I'll have to wait and see if this last incident leaves any scars (though missing part of a fingerprint would be pretty cool).

16. ShockSonic

LOL VIDEO... I wish. This was years ago back in high school. He apparently jumped and tried to stick to the wall [which had a rouch sandpaper finish] like spiderman... I encouraged him on. This same kid jumped under a sign and split his skull open, and the medics missed it.. so he came to school with a hole in his head, and you can see tissue under it!! I've seen idiots galore. Ask and I will tell. :naughty:

17. Herbicide

Herbicide Lurktacular

go on then...

- H.

18. GigantoR

GigantoR What's a Dremel?

I've had 5 stitches in my left thumb from being a dumbass with a serrated folder knife.

19. Sunny-D

Sunny-D What's a Dremel?

hmm, the many times ive hurt/burnt/cut/bloodied/broken myself...cant countreally...
    when i was 7 i played with the cigarette lighter in the car, touched it to my index finger...i had a coil for my fingerprint for months.
    once i poured coffee on my hand on accident, blistered like he11. sunburns resulting in blisters.
    i cut my foot open this summer. stepped on a glass and broke it and a bit went into my foot. the doc was amazed that i could wiggle my toes. that took 2 stitches
    broken elbows, cut knees, stitches,...gawd, im rather accident prone arent i?

20. TRXRacing

TRXRacing Banned

I've broken the usual bones and have my share of knife/dremel injuries but I know somebody who shot himself. He was deer hunting in a tree stand with his .308 rifle resting on his foot (not the stock...bad idea) and it accidently went off. Apparently his toe didn't like being shot with a .308 so it ran away..

I almost forgot about this...the cousin of the guy who shot himself swore he could jump over an atv (Yamaha Grizzly 660). He didn't make it lol. He jumped too late and his feet got hit by the front bumper and he went cartwheeling through the air. He said he didn't need to go to the Hospital right before he passed out. He's back to normal now though.

Last edited: 21 Oct 2004