1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oops... (help!) HDD caddy

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by bAnTAi, 25 Mar 2007.

1. bAnTAi

bAnTAi What's a Dremel?

I've got an IDE hard drive in a USB caddy on my desk. I inadvertantly pulled out the power cable while it was on (but not being accessed, as far as I'm aware)

I turned it off, plugged it back in and turned it on. Nothing. I tried on another computer. Nothing.

I plugged it in internally, and the BIOS came up with a Hard Drive Read Error.

Is this properly buggered? I hope not... several years worth of music collection on it...

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Hate to say it, but it's probably buggered.

Try using the relevant manufacturer's drive-tools, but I suspect it won't help.

3. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

The problem with starting two separate threads on the same subject, is that you may forget you started two threads, and subsequently miss advice you've been offered in the one you forget about :idea: :rolleyes:

See my reply in your other thread... but in a nutshell... I also think your drive is unrecoverable - through any methods we could normally suggest at any rate (i.e. data recovery software)?