1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Origin auto-adding Steam-purchased EA titles

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Harlequin, 29 Feb 2012.

1. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

http://www.fudzilla.com/home/item/26127-origin-auto-adding-steam-purchased-ea-titles

i can personally confirm this - started up origin today to find medal of honor was on it - and i bought that in the steam sale.

2. Showerhead

Showerhead What's a Dremel?

WIsh it would do it with my shop bought disc of ME2 would save me having to download no cd patches.

3. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Also if you use a retail version of a game whilst you own a digital version it will add it will work. I used an old none origin version of Shift 2 Unleashed to install the game which i bought via Origin

4. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

I saw this too. I thought Dead Space 2 was given to be for free, obvs not lol

5. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Yep I've had this happen to me with Dead Space 2, but not BC2, ME, or ME2 which I all have on steam. If I try to run Dead Space 2 on origin however, it essentially runs the steam game. Not great considering everytime I've tried running steam and origin together my PC bsod.

6. improprietary

improprietary FT03 is a bitch to watercool

maybe impulse and steam should do the same? I know origin can do it 'cause its only ea titles, but still! Would be awesome

7. IronDoc

IronDoc What's a Dremel?

Steam ahs no real incentive to do it, all it would do is cost them server capacity. With Origin being largely unestablished, this is a pretty smart way for EA to encourage its use.

8. Panomama

Panomama I once signed up on uniform dating

I did this a month ago, you just View the CD key on steam and paste it into origin.

9. benji2412

benji2412 <insert message here>

Yeh I noticed this as well with C&C4 - but not with the other EA games I've purchased through steam, such as BF:BC2. Let's be fair though, I'm never likely to play C&C4 EVER again, steam or otherwise. Terrible game.