1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Outlook 2002 Problem Duplicate Emails

Discussion in 'Software' started by LightingBird, 22 Oct 2009.

1. LightingBird

LightingBird Minimodder

Just wondering how this can be resolved. I'm stumped. This what I have tried so far to resolve this.

1. Check for a duplicate account.
    2. Check to see if messages are set to break up and repeat.
    3. Disabled Email Scanning by the antivirus program.
    4. Checked rules for anything coping or duplicating to another folder.
    5. Checked to see if "keep a copy of messages on server" is ticked.
    6. Recreated the profiles with no success.

Is there anything else that I can try to resolve this? I'm lost.

2. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Outlook 2002? Old School.

Are you running a POP3, IMAP or Exchange account? (I guess POP3 by the line "keep a copy of messages on server")
    Is this account accessed via any other computer or mobile device?

For the latter if you are using a Blackberry and pulling email via IMAP disable that on the network provider end of things. IMAP on BB devices can cause duplicates (weird I know).

Check the headers of the duplicated messages (right click > message Options) Copy the headers to Excel with one header in column A1 and one in B1, run a "find duplicates" action, see if the headers are EXACTLY the same. If it doesn't detect a duplicate then there is something being changed with the mail that is causing it to duplicate. NOD32 is a prime candidate for this. You would be looking for an "X-EsetId" line towards the bottom of the header that would indicate that it's being modified by NOD32.
    AVG, Norton and others can also do this. Totally disable the AV app (not just the email part) to ensure they cannot change the items.

If you are not using a BlackBerry but other mobile device to access the mailbox turn it off and see if the items duplicate. Some devices when marking the mail as read will modify the original email causing Outlook to believe its a new message and re-download.

In case there is a possible security breach of your account, change the password. If there is someone else accessing and modifying email this may cause it.

3. DeathAwaitsU

DeathAwaitsU I'm Back :D

It's caused by corruption (was for me anyway), back up/move ure pst file, remove the dup's and then they shouldnt come back :)