1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Overclockers.co.uk Warranty? Gigabyte 7970

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Reg216uk, 5 Mar 2014.

1. Reg216uk

Reg216uk Minimodder

Hello just wondering what the warranty is on these cards and how you would claim against the warranty if purchased with overclockers.

I possibly have a buyer for one of my Gfx cards but is questioning the warranty.

The card is only 1 yr old.

2. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

Gigabyte are usually 3 year, deal directly with them as they have UK based RMA.

They're in Milton Keynes IIRC and you're much better off dealing directly with them because OCUK have their book of BS rules about testing fees ETC.

3. Reg216uk

Reg216uk Minimodder

If i sold this to someone on the forum do I need to do anything for him to use the warranty if the card fails as there is still 2 years warranty?

4. AlienwareAndy

It goes by the serial on the card dude.

5. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

Warranty doesn't usually transfer over to the next owner - is all down to the terms and conditions of the warranty from Gigabyte and what that says once you sell the card.

6. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Any warranty claim after selling the card would be a gentlemen's agreement between you and the seller.

7. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

AFAIK the only company that lets you transfer warranty between owners is EVGA

8. Reg216uk

Reg216uk Minimodder

So if I sell this card can the new owner use the warranty?

9. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

im sure you can use the cavet of ` if theres a problem I can assist you with any warranty claim`

10. AlienwareAndy

OK look let me put it this way.

A friend of mine bought a dead Gigabyte 7850 from Ebay. He then went to Gigabyte's site, set up and RMA and a week later he had a brand new sparkly one in his mitts.

Another guy I know (I wouldn't call him a friend) bought a dead GTX 590 from Ebay. Again, it was replaced in a week and this thing even had screws missing where some one had taken it apart.

When it comes to warranty Gigabyte are the best hands down. Only KFA2 offer a UK based RMA but they only give a two year warranty (out of paranoia for their death as BFG I would imagine).

EVGA and MSI are both also fine, but one is in Holland and the other is in Germany and both demand you send it signed for which is £18 or so.

11. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

You would have to do any RMA's for him, That's why I buy EVGA GPU's because you can transfer the warranty

12. AlienwareAndy

Nah you wouldn't. You just go to Gigabyte's site, put in the serial and set up an RMA.

It really is as simple as that. The serial contains the manufacturing date and that is what the warranty goes by. And that's the worst case scenario.

Reg216uk likes this.
  13. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Actually very few hardware manufacturers require you to evidence the fact that you're the original owner in my experience. It's mostly done by serial these days.

Reg216uk likes this.
  14. Reg216uk

Reg216uk Minimodder

Sweet thats what I thought, thanks alot guys as per usual great advice.