1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Overclockers/EK RMA turn around time

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by stealth80, 19 Nov 2016.

1. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

Hoping this is the right place to post this, there wasn't really anywhere I could find that was suitable.

Anyway basically I bought a waterblock for my 1080 from overclockers (this aint a company bash btw) and when I drained the CPU loop in my old rig (see iced blood) I noticed this on the GPU block:

[​IMG]

So I drained the GPU loop and reseated the GPU block Perspex and figured out it was the coolant leaking internally:

[​IMG]

After a couple of emails to both overclockers and EK they said the performance would be fine and it was purely cosmetic. I was intending to move my build into the Thermaltake View 21 at the time but figured this wouldn't matter as I cancelled that plan due to the fact there is no snow edition or plan to release one.

Ok so move on a week and I break the PC down to move into an INWIN 303 and I find this:

[​IMG]

LUCKY OR WHAT ?! It didn't hit my board or GPU, it didn't leak out, I did have a couple of freezes on the PC in the days leading to me finding this but it was like 2 in 3 days so I thought nothing of it (hopefully my GPU aint knackered, freezes weren't during gaming so I think I'm ok) maybe a slight drip :worried:

Anyway quick email to overclockers and they RMA'd it pretty much instantly. Its been sent to EKWB now for repair/replace, has anyone experienced this and have any idea of the turn around time?

Cheers