1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overclocking E6320

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sbarts, 9 May 2007.

1. sbarts

sbarts What's a Dremel?

Hi

I need some advise on overclocking a E6320. I've pushed the FSB upto 350Mhz which gives me a clock speed of just under 2500Mhz. Originally my MB had the volts for the CPU set to auto but i've set it at 1.375 which seems to work well and keeps the temps down. My questions are:

1) What is a safe max voltage for the E6320 if I want to go higher?
    2) Does increasing the FSB effect the PCIe bus speed?
    3) Anyone any idea how high these CPU's can go using the standard Intel cooling?
    4) Any potentual pitfalls with raising the FSB further?

I have a Asus P5B vanilla MB with the latest Bios. The memory is some corsair 5400 budget stuff.

Thanks for your help

2. Austin

Austin Minimodder

:confused: 'Safe volts' is a matter of opinion but generally 5% either way should be VERY safe with around 10% being risky (IMHO). PCIe and other buses should be fixed when o/c'ing the FSB. The standard cooler is pretty decent and should be good to somewhere around 2.7ghz esp with no more than stock voltage, it's voltage which tends to contribute most to heat output. Best thing to do is try it out, see how fast your CPU can run (stressed 100% with Prime95 Torture Test) without becoming flaky, rem to drop it back a notch for the long term. When raising the FSB make sure the RAM isn't limiting you. Either set it very slow until you find your max mobo/CPU o/c or set the target speed to its official stock speed.