1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overclocking Overclocking my i7 930, first OC in years

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gilljoy, 4 Mar 2013.

1. xxxsonic1971

xxxsonic1971 W.O.T xxxsonic1971

Thats strange things you've got going on there, what power supply are you running?

2. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

Turns out I had a bit coin mining trojan going in the background, I'm going to re-overclock tomorrow

3. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

That got posted on my gaming clans forum the other day, by someone who caught it on his pc.

This is what he posted.

"Yesterday I noticed my GFX cooler was speeding up when it was idle. Thought at first it might be the card but upon a little checking I found iehighutil.exe in startup of msconfig. This is malware a remote bit coin farmer that will make the coder cash. I do not think it does any other damage and how it got on my machine I do not know. It runs from C:/Temporary which it creates itself.

Just stop it starting up delete the registry key (current user software Microsoft windows current version run) and I deleted the temporary folder using eraser at start up. Anyone with mysterious GFX usage check this"

Might be worthwhile looking to see if it's the same thing.

4. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

I found the exact same thing on my system last night and got rid of it. Nasty piece of malware, made me think my GPU was broken