1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overheating? Random Shutdowns

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by alacritous, 12 Jan 2005.

1. alacritous

alacritous What's a Dremel?

Hello,
    I have an ASUS P4B and an Intel P4 1.8GHz. The temperatures are around 56C while I am playing Counter-strike source. Well first off if I go in the motherboard and overclock directly to 2.4GHz it won't let me. I have manually gone to 18.0 x 113 which is 2.06GHz or something like that. Whenever I'm playing games or something it randomly restarts. I don't really care if I stay at 1.8GHz but I'd really like to overclock it. I'll get the fan speeds and other info later.

Any ideas?
    Alacritous

2. Zephyr

Zephyr Go V-Boy, Go!

Well, first off, a 1.8Ghz to 2.4Ghz straight isn't gonna run at 30C under load....what kind've cooling do you have? What are your voltages set at? And, when's the last time you changed your thermal interface? Just changing thermal interface and reseating the heatsink can provide much lower temps. 56C under full load isn't horrible when overclocked, it's decent. The instability is where your fault lies. If you haven't overvolted it a bit, I would try. This may solve your instabilities. Otherwise, reclock it to it's standard clocks and voltage, and see what happens.