1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[P] White Mountain (mont blanc)

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by will., 3 Aug 2006.

1. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Last edited by a moderator: 3 Aug 2006
  2. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

access denied!

3. Pygo

Pygo Rick Relixed

Same as above. Maybe link to the actual devriant art page where the picture is located?

4. will.

updated the link... Havn't used that deviantart account in ages.. havn't really been there in ages actually. Might include it in my daily rounds again..

5. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Just looking at that was enough to raise my blood pressure a couple points! I HATE heights :worried:

6. Pygo

Pygo Rick Relixed

Wow, looks really cool.
    I'm not too fond of heights either, but better than the normal person I suppose.

7. will.

I quite like em.. Its a buzz.

I was with my dad though, and he is none to fond of heights. He was whining a little bit... Ironically, he is a pilot, which has always made me concerned whenever i fly places with him in the driving seat..

8. Spacecowboy92

Spacecowboy92 Gettin' Lazy

Dosent look very white

9. vacheron

vacheron What's a Dremel?

Aah, looks like the view down to the cable car station from the Aguile du Midi looking into Chamonix. I think I can even see the hotel I stayed in! :D

I've skied down those slopes you can see on the other side, I had a crappy disposable camera with me though, so nothing I took captures the scale of the place as well as your photo has.

Always wanted to go back in the summer to do some cycling round there. Very nice, thanks! :)

10. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

That's actually a pretty nice photo. The addition of the building and the people, while nicely demostrating the rule of thirds, also provides a great sense of scale to the image. Without it, I would have thought it was a view of the mountains from an airplane. Being that high above the tops of other mountains must be a rush.

I once was at the summit of Pikes Peak in Colorado, but I was too young to remember it. I'd love to have that kind of scenery around here.

-monkey

11. will.

I translated the name of the mountain...

Yea, it was a rush... Absolutely mind blowing really. In fact, there are signs everywhere warning of lightheadedness while standing near the railings because there really is a lack of oxygen up there. What there is though is so good to breathe. There is a very very noticable difference from the nasty air we get down at sea level. It tastes crisp and fresh, rather than of petrol and polution.

Yea, i'm going back this winter actually. I was thinking i would try and go up again and take a shot of it with snow...
    I would definately advise the cycling. It is an awesome place. The singletrack (presuming your talking about mountain biking here, not road cycling) is the best I have ever been on. I would suggest that you don't do a 5 day treck. The most common one is from chamonix to switzerland and back. Although fun, if you havn't been to chamonix before its far more fun to have 5 solid days riding different trails each day and then a nice bed at night. Then on the 6th day you can re-visit your favorite trails.

Another great place to cycle is morzine, although it is far more set up for the downhillers and freeriders. Great fun, but far more touristy. Which tbh can sometimes be a godsend, but i would say that the morzine riding is far less technical than anything you'll find in chamonix.

I've just found this. I made it 2 years ago after the holiday I went on back then... Its a shame i didn't get to go this year. But I already have it booked for summer 07. I'm actually going to be staying in the same challet that I will be staying in at xmas.. Can't wait!

I'll give someone a cookie if they know why this pic is so cool!
    I'll give you a hint.. Its not the snow that makes it cool!!

For peeps who have trouble clicking the links:
    ( http://www.angelfire.com/psy/chamonix04/ )
    and
    ( http://www.angelfire.com/psy/chamonix04/images/IMG_0157.JPG )

Last edited: 7 Aug 2006
  12. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

that pic doesn't work either!

(ah - copy and paste link)

13. will.

just added the links in their full form now. So copy an paste them if the others don't work.