1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P182 or Antec 1200

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kierax, 15 Aug 2008.

1. Kierax

Kierax What's a Dremel?

I'm in the market for a new case, in my price range these two goliaths of the chassis world are available to myself.

So, which one will it be, I love the 1200's over the top cooling, based on looks it seems to be superior to the P182 in most ways, it has a larger top fan, more front intakes and a two 120mm exhaust with a side vent also? sounds good to me, but I cannot ignore the fact the P182 is a far more clever case, is a looker and has pedigree of being well known among the communities.

So which should I plump for?

2. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

The P180/P182 are awsome cases. So nicely laid out, quiet and cool well. Looks wise, love my P182 to bits, just so gorgeous. Understated, classy and build quality is really good too!

3. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

it's up to you. cases are a personal thing.

do you want: more expensive, gamer looking, superb cooling and over the top bright case?
    or do you want: less expensive, elegant looking, very good cooling and classy case?

4. Kierax

Kierax What's a Dremel?

That is it mate, having come from the Antec 900 is loved it's cooling power heck I pulled 3.4ghz on a Q6600 on stock intel air, and it was quiet. If you was in another town.

The P182 has my heart but the Antec 1200 has my gamers pride... hence my problem.

5. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

gamers pride? IMHO it's more of a show-off case rather than a good looking one.

always go with your heart ;)

6. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

I love my P182 though there are a few gripes such as not being able to use the mid height hard drive bays when a long graphics card is installed.
    Also I can't used the bottom hard drive bays properly with my PSU due to the power cables coming out of the drives at 180 Degrees to the drive causing the lower fan to jam with cable obstruction.

Naturally I did some cable bending to get it all set right but it's still irritating as hell.